Choose style:

Author Topic: Zen thermostat issue with mobile app  (Read 2605 times)

Offline chlimouj

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zen thermostat issue with mobile app
« on: January 12, 2016, 12:05:00 am »
I recently installed a Zen thermostat for use with my almond+ (R83), and it was pretty easy to set up, but there's a bug that's really limiting my ability to use it.

When I change the temperature setpoint through the app, it sorta goes nuts.  Ie, I'll scroll it from 70 to 72, it'll look like our worked fine, but it actually sets it to 100. I won't see it on the app until I restart it, but it's set on the thermostat right away. When I go back to the app to change it, it starts at 35 degrees and I have to scroll all the way over to the 70s, but it will still set 100 degrees on the thermostat. This happens maybe 25% to 50% of the time... The rest of the time it will work as expected.

The only way to recover I've seen is to walk up to the thermostat and manually set it down to the proper temperature. Maybe it's notable, but even though the app reports a 100 degree setpoint, the Zen is actually at 99. Possible off-by-one error in the firmware?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Zen thermostat issue with mobile app
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 12:26:14 am »
I would start with removing it fully and re pairing it before anything else. Hopefully someone has experience with that model.

Offline chlimouj

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Zen thermostat issue with mobile app
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:00:18 am »
Already tried. And again, it does work properly at least half the time.

And I haven't noticed this issue when using the web management, just the mobile app.  I'll play with the web interface some more... Maybe I just didn't use it enough.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.