Choose style:

Author Topic: Unable to commuincate between devices in different networks.  (Read 5046 times)

Offline jadhad

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Unable to commuincate between devices in different networks.
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:26:12 pm »
Hi,

I have 5 devices connected to my Almond+:
- 2 to my 5Ghz wifi (nexus 5 and nexus 6p).
- 2 to my 2.4Ghz wifi (iphone 4 and a PC)
- 1 to my eth1 (PC)

I'm unable to communicate between devices in different networks.
I've attempted to put a port-scanner on my wifi PC and all it see is himself and the router Lan IP.
Is there any special configuration that I need to apply on the router in order to "pass" between networks?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unable to commuincate between devices in different networks.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:23:23 pm »
@ jadhad,

As long as all the devices are receiving the IP address from Almond+ network, we should not be facing any issue in communicating with other devices. However, try to login the Web UI-->Wireless-->Advanced-->Enable Wireless Client Isolation is unchecked for both the bands.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 10:59:56 am »
I've been complaining about this problem forever.  If phone/tablet is on 2.4 it can't see TV on 5. laptop on 2.4 can't find NAS connected via hardwire cat6 , vice versa.  The ONLY work around I have found is to connect over WAN through the cloud.  sometimes powercycling everything including the A+ will allow things to connect temporarily. It definitely seems worse if the device is on 5g network trying to connect to a hardwired device

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 11:39:05 am »
@ rldreams,

I just tested with my Windows 10 laptop (2.4 GHz) was able to communicate with Apple (EL Captain) connected to 5 GHz  and also with Samsung Note 3 (5 GHz) no issues.

The same windows 10 laptop (2.4 GHz) was able to communicate with hardwired (Windows 7) no issues.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 12:53:56 pm »
My devices are spread between 2.4 and 5 and they all talk to each other. This include media streaming devices like cameras, Xbox and Apple TV's.

Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:58:17 am »
That's just it @Ashok, there has been a long standing pattern of nobody else having the issues that I had with my A+.  Nobody else had, (or can explain ) the issue of WiFi dropping out or WAN disconnecting that was mysteriously solved when I removed all the HA from A+.
As far as a stand alone router the only issue I am still having is the network isolation problem.  Laptops and tablets on either wifi frequency can connect to hardwired NAS, desktop with Cat6 into the A+ can't find NAS . Desktop can't connect to hardwired network CCTV DVR, but phones and tablets on WiFi can.  Phone,laptop or tablet on 2.4 can't connect to Harmony TV hub or IP cameras also on 2.4. Switch laptop, phone, tablet to 5Ghz and they connect immediately even though they connect with same LAN IP address. 

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 07:09:06 am »
@ rldreams,

If you are facing multiple issues then please do get in touch with our support team, who can assist you.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 04:32:38 pm »
As if to prove my point, none of my wireless devices have been able to connect to my Harmony hub in 2 days.  Rebooting Harmony, A+ or the tablets and phones , switching WiFi networks made no difference. Best thing is that if I connect phone or tablet WiFi to the original Almond set up as wireless AP next door in my daughter's house connected through Moca  to A+ I can connect to hub. As if on same WiFi network.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.