bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: No devices can connect to primary wifi network, but guest works perfectly  (Read 5242 times)

Offline nibbling_totoros

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I recently purchased the Securifi Almond from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Securifi-Almond-Touchscreen-Wireless-Extender/dp/B0087NZ31S)

I followed the set-up as instructed. All my Ethernet connects work fine with high download speeds and no packet losses. However, no mobile devices can connect to the primary wifi network. The only thing I changed was the name of the network and added my own personal password. Re-cycling the modem, router, and mobile device doesn't seem to help.

However, I noticed there was the option to use a guest network. All my mobile devices can connect to the guest network with ease (didn't change any SSID or passwords).

Can anyone help me determine the cause of my problem? Why is the Primary wifi impossible to connect too? I show full wifi bars, but everytime I try to input the password for the primary SSID, the devices say the password is incorrect (I know it is correct).

Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ nibbling_totoros,

Ideally, when you reboot the Almond device that should take care of the issue. However, try to change the channel to either 1 or 6 or 11, and then check.

Offline nibbling_totoros

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Is there a preferred way to reboot Almond- instead of simply pulling out the power cord? I've tried changing the channels and re-powering all relevant devices; however, it seems none of my mobile devices (iphone, kindle, ect.) can recognize that the password for my primary SSID is correct.

What is the difference between the guest network and the primary network? I recall the guest network is independent of the network my desktop. Is this an issue where the primary wifi network is having trouble communication with my ethernet network?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ nibbling_totoros,

May be the factory reset should take care of the issue. Please try that and guest network would still have the access to the hardwired devices, however, it would not be able to communicate to the primary network.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.