Choose style:

Author Topic: Could Not Update Sensor Data GE 12727 Z Wave Light Switch  (Read 5399 times)

Offline clark

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Could Not Update Sensor Data GE 12727 Z Wave Light Switch
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:25:41 am »
Over the weekend I installed a GE 12727 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Smart Toggle Switch.  The install was straightforward and the switch paired with my Almond+ without issue.  The problem is that I can't control the switch from within the iOS app.  The switch shows up as an On-Off sensor and it looks like I should be able to toggle the lights by tapping the app button but the app ALWAYS shows "Could not update sensor data." for this sensor and tapping the button does not change the state of the switch.

FWIW, I can toggle the switch from the A+ LCD screen and it seems that the LCD is showing the correct status (although I did not look at this very closely).  Also, I have added the switch to a scene and that seems to be working as expected.

Not being able to easily control this switch from the app makes the switch much less useful - to the point where I might uninstall it and try a different switch if there is one with better app support.  If I can get this working I have plans to install three or four master switches and several add on's as well.

Hopefully this is on the radar as something that can/will be fixed.

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Could Not Update Sensor Data GE 12727 Z Wave Light Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 07:33:14 pm »
I'm using a mix of the on/off and dimmer models of this switch without any issues at all. Did you select the correct function on install?

Offline clark

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 03:26:33 pm »
Thanks for the reply!  I believe I selected On-Off but honestly I don't recall.  That is one aspect of this process that I don't fully understand.  Any guidance you can provide on how I would determine the "correct function" for this and other devices would be greatly appreciated. 

Just to be clear, you are able to toggle and/or dim these switches from within the iOS app, correct?  That's the issue that I'm having.

Here is a link to an image of the sensor from my iPhone...

https://instagram.com/p/BDlrC26K1_J/

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »
On the dimmer ones. I believe the 27. I used multilevel. On the 29 I used binary. I'm using five of these switches around the house to control lighting in and out. I removed my wired in timers and put in switches so I could centrally control things.

Offline clark

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 12:06:52 pm »
Thanks again for the info.  I'm going to try and reset the one I have installed before I install the other three that I purchased.  If I can get these working like they should I'm going to replace a bunch of dumb dimmers and switches.  Wish me luck.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.