bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: How to block access?  (Read 3161 times)

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
How to block access?
« on: April 12, 2016, 04:35:05 pm »
I would like to block access to my network for one mac address. I had thought it would be as simple as adding it to the MAC filter for both WiFi networks. But the computer remains on the network. There are two possibilities I can think of for this -- it could be that on the 2.4 GHz network, it's getting in via another access point. It hadn't occurred to me until just now that this was a possibility. Or it could be that it's connecting via my "guest" network, and I don't see where to access the MAC filter for that.

Regardless, given that I have other APs on my network, it would seem that MAC filtering isn't going to cut it for me, at least not MAC filtering at the WiFi layer. Is there a good way to block at least internet access for a particular MAC address? Or is that going to be challenging because traffic will be seen as coming from a different MAC address if the computer connects to a different AP.

I'd like to do this in a way that would be easy to turn off and on. Thanks for any ideas/pointers.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: How to block access?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:28:20 pm »
@ tastewar1,

If you are using the Almond+ as Router then please tap on Users on the Almond+ touch screen and select the device and hit block. However, if you are using the Almond+ in Access point then even the Mac filtering wouldn't help us as it is applicable only in Router mode.

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
Re: How to block access?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:04:17 pm »
Yes, it is the main router in my network.

That sounds promising, though it's not showing up in that list at the moment. Could that be because the device in question is off? Does that list only show current (recent) active users? I do, however, see that computer in the user list in the Almond app on my iPhone. When I click on the wrench icon, it displays a bunch of things, but it doesn't appear to let me Block it from there. On the web interface, it took me a bit to find, but apparently a similar UI is available under "Sensors" but still no ability to Block.

It would be important for me to be able to change this remotely. Is there some way to do it, maybe in the Advanced area of the web UI? I've managed a number of routers with variants of OpenWRT & similar, so not afraid to dig in...

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck