bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Amazon Echo  (Read 15092 times)

Offline JesseD

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Amazon Echo
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:31 pm »
Any updates on the Echo and ALmond Plus?  I really want to pull the trigger on getting the Echo ....and If the Echo could control the Almond so when I say TURN ON DINING ROOM LIGHTS the lights go on that would be awesome

Offline jnowland

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 02:50:16 pm »
I already had 3 Wemo devices, which I was using to turn on and off my kids' tv's, as well as put them on a schedule.  After receiving my A+ in January, I almost threw the Wemos out.  So glad I didn't because I now can simply tell my Echo turn turn the TVs on or off.  Much easier than using the crappy Wemo app.  I also bought a Wink hub for only $50, paired 2 GE Wink bulbs to it and I also can speak to my Echo telling it to turn those lights on or off!  Really disappointed in Securifi that they not only have not figured out a way to allow secondary controllers, but that they missed the boat on this one by not working with Amazon more closely to have the A+ opend up to the Echo.  I love my Echo!  I love it so much I look at my A+ with disgust every time I walk by it.  :-\

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »
lol....Im getting to that point too.....I just hate missing the bus on all this stuff

Offline Hoju

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 10:45:55 am »
Any news of upcoming support of the echo devices? I have an echo dot on the way and it would be great to know that Securifi is at least working on it.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »
@ Hoju,

We are working on voice integration services and hopefully, Amazon Echo could be one among them.

Offline xaminmo

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »
The "Almond Skill" was released for Amazon Echo at the same time as R085 firmware (required) (late April or early May).

It works fairly well, with exceptions:
* Since it's a Skill, you have a longer command.  "Alexa, tell almond (scene name)".
* Long actions time out, such as "open garage door", which always complains that it cannot talk to the Almond, even though it works.
* There are no quick pairings nor default scenes for sensors.  (eg, all sensors should have an "on" and "off" scene that does not have to be added/removed from the UI)
* There's about a 4 second lag for most commands.

Some good things:
* Alexa can make suggestions if you misspeak, or she mishears, the name of the scene (lamp vs light, etc).
* Overall, it's pretty reliable.

It would be nice if Almond could initiate communication to Alexa to report alarms to you for events (ie, warn you that the garage door was opening at 2am), though this might be an issue with the SDK, or with people owning more than one Echo device.
Geek, pilot, cyclist, parent.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 12:50:45 pm »
@ xaminmo,

We are working on adding more support and improving the performance to have a better experience.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck