Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to R085  (Read 34421 times)

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to R085
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 12:51:56 am »
Please provide a link to the updated Websocket API. Thanks.

>New Rules commands added to Websocket server for mobile app

Offline BikerBob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »
Hi... I updated to R085 yesterday and now I cannot see my Rules when using the "root" Local Browser Control UI!!  Where did they go??  Even if I press the "Rules" tab on the top, all I see below are the colored dialogs:  Internet, Wireless 2.4G, Wireless 5G, Network.... etc ; "+ Click to Add Devices" ; "- Click to remove Devices" ; Network Devices:  Blank... none listed.  I cannot access the Rules Wizard.  Nor can I access a Scenes Wizard.... though I have never created any scenes... so not sure what to expect there.  I had just two simple rules... one to turn on a lamp (at a specified time of day) via a Peanut... the other to turn off the lamp at a specified later time of day.  Funny thing is that last night the lamp did automatically turn on, then off... as it was supposed to. 

So the Rules seem to still be in the Almond+... but I cannot see/ edit them!!(??)  I tried rolling back to R083, but the situation was the same... still couldn't see the Rules.  I'm back to R085 now.  Strange....
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Offline sandalle

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 02:34:13 pm »
As soon as I updated to R085, I can see and connect to the Almond+ network, but I am unable to connect to the internet on my wireless devices. Everything was working fine before that.

My Almond+ is currently configured in range extender mode

The router diagnostics determine that there is an internet connection and all is well. I am able to log in to the router through its IP address and ping google.com consistently through the securifi settings interface.

I attempted to tweak some of the wireless network settings, rebooted the router several times before and after tweaking the wireless settings.

Unless anyone recommends any good troubleshooting steps to resolve this, I may attempt to roll back to a previous firmware version.

I have the same issue with the update from R083 to R085, with my Almond+ in Range Extender mode.

Even internal network communication across the bridge does not work very well (e.g. my Blu-ray can no longer see the DLNA server on the other side of the bridge, whether on 5GHz or 2.4GHz band) and ICMP ECHO (ping) appears to kill the 5GHz connection pretty quickly.

From the Almond+ 5GHz extended range connection, doing the same on my 5GHz "main" wireless connection has no such issue, nor did the Almond+ have this issue before updating to R085:
Code: [Select]
$ ping google.com
PING google.com (216.58.216.174): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.58.216.174: icmp_seq=0 ttl=50 time=47.452 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.216.174: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=37.216 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.216.174: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=44.831 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
^C
--- google.com ping statistics ---
8 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 62.5% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 37.216/43.166/47.452/4.341 ms

Also, my forum account appears to have been erased and I had to create a new one.

Reverting to R083 fixes both the ICMP echo "issue" and my Blu-ray being able to see the DLNA server on the other side of the bridge.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
Hi... I updated to R085 yesterday and now I cannot see my Rules when using the "root" Local Browser Control UI!!  Where did they go??  Even if I press the "Rules" tab on the top, all I see below are the colored dialogs:  Internet, Wireless 2.4G, Wireless 5G, Network.... etc ; "+ Click to Add Devices" ; "- Click to remove Devices" ; Network Devices:  Blank... none listed.  I cannot access the Rules Wizard.  Nor can I access a Scenes Wizard.... though I have never created any scenes... so not sure what to expect there.  I had just two simple rules... one to turn on a lamp (at a specified time of day) via a Peanut... the other to turn off the lamp at a specified later time of day.  Funny thing is that last night the lamp did automatically turn on, then off... as it was supposed to. 

So the Rules seem to still be in the Almond+... but I cannot see/ edit them!!(??)  I tried rolling back to R083, but the situation was the same... still couldn't see the Rules.  I'm back to R085 now.  Strange....

Rules is still Local Only. If you're connected to the Cloud, then click on the cloud icon on top right corner and switch to local access. You should be able to see the rules now.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 11:40:08 pm »
@ sandalle,

I hope after the upgrade to R085, you have rebooted the Almond+ manually if not please do it and check, also if you have not performed a factory reset try that too, let us know the status.

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 08:00:43 am »
@d.kiran,
Thank you for assisting... using my Android phone App I can use the "cloud" icon to switch to Local and then see my Rules on the phone App.  BUT I see no "cloud" icon in the top right corner of the "root" PC Local Browser Control UI... (??) so I still cannot switch to a mode to see the Rules on the "root" PC Local Browser Control UI.  What am I missing?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 08:44:01 am »
@ BikerBob,

Web UI is for local purpose, hence, there is no option for you to switch that to Cloud as you can access it irrespective of having internet connection or not to Almond+.

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 09:37:30 am »
@Ashok,

So is there a way to use a PC user interface to see/ edit Rules?  Didn't we used to do it via the "root" Local Browser Control UI?  I'm confused.... how are we suppose to see/ edit Rules?
Thanks....

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 10:47:56 am »
@ BikerBob,

We can, tap on Status-->Web Admin to find the URL and user credentials to login to the Web UI and under Rules, you can view and edit them.

Offline sandalle

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 11:05:12 am »
@ sandalle,

I hope after the upgrade to R085, you have rebooted the Almond+ manually if not please do it and check, also if you have not performed a factory reset try that too, let us know the status.

Hi Ashok,

I did do a reboot, and even a power cycle (30s with no power cable). :) I have my AP working now so I'm not going to be fiddling with it, I'll try again when the next release comes out. "Re-install the OS" is not a valid fix for a product that's in-use, that's more for a product still in beta testing.

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »
@Ashok,

Nope.  We're still back to my originally posted problem... what you lead me to in your last post takes me on the PC to the "root" (10.10.10.254) Local Browser Interface (as it's called in the A+ Quick Start Guide) which I log into... then can see the "Rules" tab on the top... but selecting it does NOTHING in my case(??)  Pressing the "Rules" tab does NOT result in the Rules showing up below.  Any other ideas?

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:47 pm »
empty browser cache
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »
@SecureComp,
Geesh...  Clearing the Browser Cache worked!  Now I can see my Rules.... Thanks!

Offline cicorias

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 05:46:38 pm »

Exact same issue. In range extender mode. Where can I download prior releases of firmware?

Don't you test your software

As soon as I updated to R085, I can see and connect to the Almond+ network, but I am unable to connect to the internet on my wireless devices. Everything was working fine before that.

My Almond+ is currently configured in range extender mode

The router diagnostics determine that there is an internet connection and all is well. I am able to log in to the router through its IP address and ping google.com consistently through the securifi settings interface.

I attempted to tweak some of the wireless network settings, rebooted the router several times before and after tweaking the wireless settings.

Unless anyone recommends any good troubleshooting steps to resolve this, I may attempt to roll back to a previous firmware version.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 07:24:10 pm »
@ cicorias,

We have got close to 20 units which are setup in Range Extender mode and did not face any issues like this, personally I got 8 units setup for the team in Range Extender mode and no issues. Please try turning of the Almond+ along with main router wait for 30 seconds turn on only the main router once it is completely back on then turn on the Almond+, let us know the performance.

For your convenience, here's the download link for old firmware:

https://firmware.securifi.com/AP2/AP2-R083-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.