bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to R085  (Read 34433 times)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to R085 -> YES, And not good!
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2016, 07:49:05 pm »
R085 has had a significant - and negative - impact to my router.

Two main issues:

1) Ever since I've had my almond+ (going on a year and a half) I've never had it freeze up on me.. now, since the update, it is an almost daily event (freeze up as in stop working, LCD going dark, and having to physically unplug and replug to reboot).   I had a reliable router, now completely the opposite.

2) At random times (but a couple of times now at 11:00 pm ET), "something" goes on that makes my mobile devices go crazy with repeated messages of devices logging on the to the router.  While I have approx. 50 devices (of all kinds) connecting to wifi - no HA devices (other than Hue which I do not use/no scenes), the message repeats more than a 100 times - to the point that I have not had to turn off notifications on my devices.

Have reboot (intentionally and by necessity) a number of times; now at a point where I don't know what to do.    Reading through this forum, not seeing others with the same problem.  Ideas??

Glad to hear the A+ has been reliable for you.
I'm certain it will be again.

The message thing I've experienced with other releases, I nicknamed it "batched messages" because a bunch came down at once. In my case it was related to cache in the App on the smartphone and/or switching between Local and Cloud connection.

I would clear browser cache and refresh the window if you are using a Bookmark/Favorite to access the Web UI.

I would also clear the App cache on any Android devices.

Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to R085
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 10:57:00 am »
@Ashok - Are you planning on making Humidity for thermostat accessible via the App ? It's getting warmer now (I believe I asked for this last summer :-) ) and humidity is increasing.

This is very bad for wooden floors, so if I could have a rule that triggers based on humidity, that would be awesome.

Offline AcidLotus

• Backer
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »
Time was set to UTC after applying R085. Figured it out once the motion sensor kicked on the lights at much earlier than they were supposed to.

Offline Ugoff

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:35 am »
I Noticed that my Static DHCP Leases is only showing 19 on the Almond web interface and the OpenWRT interface, but inside /etc/config/dhcp I see all 20... Also any word on why you are still limiting the static to only 20 hosts? I know Dnsmasq can support way more and I don't think that is an OpenWRT limit...

Thanks!

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 11:10:59 am »
If it's really necessary (and I know it is, I'm in the same boat as you and have been complaining for a while about the limited number of DHCP reservations available) you can set some of your clients to static addresses on their end, saving your reserved DHCP static lease slots for those precious little snowflake devices that don't allow client side static IP configuration.   
Easily done if you are technically inclined. I am not, so it was miserable, long, and not at all fun. Oh...they also don't show up in the WebUI. That list only shows devices whose IPs are handled through DHCP. If you want know if they are connected, the mobile app will eventually list them when it gets around to it. So if you were hoping for a global list of all connected devices independent of HOW they get their IPs somewhere in the WebUI, that would be a firm no.

But I'm not bitter.

Offline Ugoff

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 09:39:19 pm »
If it's really necessary (and I know it is, I'm in the same boat as you and have been complaining for a while about the limited number of DHCP reservations available) you can set some of your clients to static addresses on their end, saving your reserved DHCP static lease slots for those precious little snowflake devices that don't allow client side static IP configuration.   
Easily done if you are technically inclined. I am not, so it was miserable, long, and not at all fun. Oh...they also don't show up in the WebUI. That list only shows devices whose IPs are handled through DHCP. If you want know if they are connected, the mobile app will eventually list them when it gets around to it. So if you were hoping for a global list of all connected devices independent of HOW they get their IPs somewhere in the WebUI, that would be a firm no.

But I'm not bitter.

Ha yea, I hear ya, I was able to edit /etc/config/dhcp and add more than 20, but the UI only shows 19, I guess I was more complaining that the Web UI won't let you and that is it missing one. If you need to add more just use putty to ssh and edit /etc/config/dhcp. If you scroll down you will see entries separated by host#:

Code: [Select]
config 'host' 'host22'
        option 'name' 'ipad-air'
        option 'mac' 'aa:bb:cc:11:22:33'
        option 'ip' '10.10.10.123'

You can just keep adding to this file.

Once you are done run:
Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/network restart
and it will reset the interfaces and load your new dnsmasq settings. Be Advised though, you can break stuff, and there is a chance the UI gets mad (although it hasn't yet for me) that there are more than 20.

Offline derrikn

• Backer
Re: Any feedback related to R085 -> YES, And not good!
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 12:21:02 am »

1) Ever since I've had my almond+ (going on a year and a half) I've never had it freeze up on me.. now, since the update, it is an almost daily event (freeze up as in stop working, LCD going dark, and having to physically unplug and replug to reboot).   I had a reliable router, now completely the opposite.

I'm experiencing the same problem here, but it's only been happening since I loaded R085. I actually bought a digital outlet timer and set it to power down @ 3am and power on @ 3:01am. I'm hoping that will temporarily (maybe permanently) resolve the daily freeze and minimize my family's frustration.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 12:50:29 am »
 @Ugoff "Be Advised though, you can break stuff"

That's what I figured, so I went the longer way with a marginally lesser chance of breaking stuff, and more of an understanding of the process so I could still back my way out if it got hairy.

@derrikn
I would be very wary of just cutting the external power source to this thing over and over again.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 10:12:48 am »
I'm experiencing the same problem here, but it's only been happening since I loaded R085. I actually bought a digital outlet timer and set it to power down @ 3am and power on @ 3:01am. I'm hoping that will temporarily (maybe permanently) resolve the daily freeze and minimize my family's frustration.

I have to agree with that. I have been having problems of almost daily shutdowns.

@Securifi, this is pretty frustrating. Have you been able to replicate?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »
@ d.kiran,

I have to agree with that. I have been having problems of almost daily shutdowns.

@Securifi, this is pretty frustrating. Have you been able to replicate?

We have not faced these kind of issues while testing at our end or by the Beta testers about Almond+ being shutdown randomly, in order to ensure that this is firmware related could we try downgrading the firmware to the old version R83 and also double check the rule for rebooting the Almond+.

Offline derrikn

• Backer
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:28 am »
I used to schedule a reboot every other day to correct any router irregularities on R83.
R85 doesn't respond the same way. Reboots do not work to correct the freeze. I need to power cycle the router to get it working again.

Offline Pycomo

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »
I lost the connection with Hue bridge after updating to 85. It was working fine before that with the previous version 83.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 07:58:03 am »
@ Pycomo,

Try to disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable and reboot the Hue Bridge that should solve the issue.

Offline Pycomo

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2016, 12:03:49 pm »
Unfortunately it did not work. I did what you told me to do - it did not solve the problem. I performed factory reset and started with the bridge from zero going trough the whole process of adding lights and rebuilding the connections to Nest and Echo, but Almond+ still can not see the Hue bridge. How can I go back to previous software version?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2016, 12:53:06 pm »
@ Pycomo,

It may not be an issue with the firmware, because I was able to add the Phillips Hue bridge with out any concerns. Try to connect the Ethernet cable to a different LAN port and then reset only the bride and then try adding it. If it is still failing then send the log files with the description "Hue Bridge not adding" and will take care of it.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck