Choose style:

Author Topic: Problem with Repeater Mode using latest firmware  (Read 12810 times)

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Problem with Repeater Mode using latest firmware
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:21 am »
@ All,

It seems like we were able to replicate the issue after the power outage the Almond+ doesn't connect to the internet properly and this is going to be taken care through our next release.

Note: Meanwhile, just tap on Range Extender and hit reconnect which would solve the issue.

Offline GaryJ

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »
I updated the firmware and have the same problem.  I use the Almond+ as an extender to a different make router.  I have timers on both to reboot the main router first then the extender every night.  Whenever I had an outage my webcams and Amazon Echo would reconnect.  Now they do not and I had to move them to the less strong router wi-fi from the extender.  I also had to move my ethernet Arlo cams from the extender to the main router.  Now I am using the extender only for iPhone and iPad.

Offline GaryJ

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
@ All,

It seems like we were able to replicate the issue after the power outage the Almond+ doesn't connect to the internet properly and this is going to be taken care through our next release.

Note: Meanwhile, just tap on Range Extender and hit reconnect which would solve the issue.

I did not see this on the 2nd page.  Yes this works but this is a 2nd home where I am not home as much.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »
@ All,

Woo hoo!. So its not just me that has this kinda issue....

-J

Offline GaryJ

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:04 am »
I am not finding it so Woo Hoo as my range extender remains useless when I am not here to reconnect as needed.  Is there a ETA for a fix?

Offline carlos

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 09:05:58 pm »
Just wanted to add, that I also had to same problem with my router. I could no longer connect using it as a range extender. Reverting it to the previous firmware seemed to have solved the problem, for now.

Offline GaryJ

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 06:47:14 am »
They are going to have to let us know what is going with a fix before the reviews start popping up.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 07:31:39 am »
@ GaryJ,

As of now, the Beta firmware is almost getting ready to release for our Beta Testers and if the feedback is good, we would release it soon.

Offline yoyodyne

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 05:20:59 pm »
I had to troubleshoot some electrical issues in my house today and was flipping breakers.
For the last few months my Almond+ has been working great as a repeater.

I noticed the downstairs devices weren't connecting, so went to the LCD UI. I tried to go into the Repeater Settings because it said "not connected to the Internet". When I try, it doesn't list/see any wireless networks to connect to. There's multiple in range (neighbors, let alone the main router upstairs).

Guessing I have a similar issue to this, but did anyone else notice that they couldn't list/see any networks to connect to? Will try the latest firmware and report back.

Offline tferrer

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 10:11:07 pm »
I have two Almond+ routers, both recently upgraded to the R085 firmware. One of them is in Router Mode and the other is in Range Extender Mode.

According to the Diagnostics screens on the two Almond+ units (the LCD screen), both units are successfully connected to the Internet.

However, the unit operating in Range Extender Mode lets clients join the WiFi network, but there is absolutely no internet access!

The unit operating in Router Mode works just fine.

Both units were operating perfectly with the previous firmware, but it seems that Range Extender Mode is not working properly in the latest update.

I have taken screenshots of the Kernel and System logs, which show:

AlmondPlus kern.warn kernel: IP.......HUHHHHHHHHHHH.... Mapping problem

Edit: Typos corrected

I bought the Almond+ 2 days ago and I seem to be having the same problem. I noticed that the firmware was released last month, is there  an updated firmware coming in a few days? So far the experience using this device is just ok. I went through a bunch of messages and there's not a lot of happy campers here. My main reason for buying this is home automation and as a range extender. I bought 2 Peanut plugs and they both work great but there's some hiccup because the wireless function does not work all the time. I performed 3 resets already but same issue. I happen to read this thread and found the firmware to be the cause of the problem. I paid $320 for this and looks like I'm going to return it if there is no fix in a few days. Why is the clock and weather still says "beta"? It seems that it's been like this for over a year?

Offline GaryJ

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 12:49:14 pm »
Has this been fixed in R089?

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.