Choose style:

Author Topic: Having a problem controlling the sensors through the app.  (Read 3166 times)

Offline JoeM

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Having a problem controlling the sensors through the app.
« on: May 15, 2016, 04:32:13 pm »
The sensors work on the touchscreen of my almond 2015 but when I try to use them on the mobile app, I get the error message about something can't be saved.. Any ideas why?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Having a problem controlling the sensors through the app.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:45:39 pm »
Does the app have all the sensor statuses correct? Wondering if there is a sync issue... Try changing one of the sensors via the touchscreen, and see if the app shows the change.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:14:44 am »
@ JoeM,

Apart from what fillibar requested, let us know which app you are facing the issue iOS and Android?

Offline JoeM

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:49:47 am »
So I reset everything and started over from scratch.. I figured out that I can only get it working correctly when I have it in extender mode. Extender mode is really my only option since I have no Ethernet connection on the level my almond2015 is on.
My question is, by having it in extender mode does it really slow down my internet connection even if I connect to my original wifi network and not the almond extender one?

Also, isn't there a way to connect it wirelessly to my network BUT not be an extender or router and still have all the sensors working via cloud?

Thanks for the help.

I am using the android app.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 12:02:48 pm »
@ JoeM,

No, if you are connecting your device to the main router network speeds would be normal and not much change.  Almond 2015, you could connect it either as a Router or Range Extender or as an Access point (hardwired range extender), in order for you to access the sensors via cloud, Almond 2015 should have internet connection and it doesn't matter which mode it is setup and your client device (iOS or Android) should have internet access, so that it could communicate with the cloud.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.