Choose style:

Author Topic: Wall Switches  (Read 3990 times)

Offline deljo_agtor

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Wall Switches
« on: May 17, 2016, 10:03:33 am »
Is the idea that Almond 2015 works with all ZigBee devices or only the ones listed on the compatible sensors page?  I'm trying to find a compatible wall switch to use with my Almond 2015.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Wall Switches
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:14:05 pm »
@ deljo_agtor,

The list of sensors which are there on compatible sensors page are tested either by us or beta testers. However, any sensor which supports HA 1.2 profile, we should be able to add to the Almond 2015.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 07:38:32 am »
Caution about some ZigBee devices because some companies make theirs compatible only with their controllers. That being said most work, and if they support more than one controller then they usually have no restrictions.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline bear9rpp

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »
Knowing this helps boost my confidence.

I am looking at the GE Zigbee wall switch (https://shop.smartthings.com/#!/products/ge-In-wall-smart-switch).  If someone's beaten me to it, please report back on how well it works.

It's hard to find zigbee devices, let alone finding them at a reasonable price here in Canada. 

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »
Almost all of my online HA purchases have been via eBay, Amazon, and Monoprice (in order of most-least).
Physical stores it would be Lowes, Target, and Home Depot (with not many at any of those).

As for the GE Switch you mention at Smartthings... I was trying not to mention it directly but Smartthings is pretty open ended, so any device that works on them is likely an open-communication one and can work with an Almond. The main difference might be that Securifi might need to do a bit of work if it is not there, for specific features, but for most general features (on/off switch, dimmer, etc...) the basics will be fine.

That GE Switch is model 45856GE (also sold on Amazon, but for MUCH more than your link). GE-branded products are pretty open (I have multiple different ones). I found one store cheaper ($3, so nothing huge at this cost) and who knows about shipping, but here is the link:
http://shop.haworldonline.com/GE-ZigBee-In-Wall-Smart-Switch-Model-45856GE-ZB4001-11405.htm

Offline bear9rpp

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:18 am »
Thanks backer.

I'm guessing haworldonline is from the states?  exchange rate + shipping will make it close to $100CDN, a bit hevy for one wall switch.

but it's definitely nice to know Almond sticks to the standard and works with most open devices

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 12:34:39 am »
Sorry, I forgot to check where HAWorld is located (I have never used them before, just found it using Google).

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.