bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Websocket sensors?  (Read 10308 times)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Websocket sensors?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 12:15:12 pm »
I would think Securifi already has this part.
and that would be the reason I said what I did...

Debugging stuff like routing and messaging is difficult if you don't have the ability to stub out either endpoints.
only for bidirectional analysis, if you're looking at only one end, the info would be there. And don't we already have the info to stub one of the endpoints?  8)
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Websocket sensors?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »
That's exactly the job of Homeseer, present info of existing systems. It certainly does more than that but it sounds like you are getting what you need.  A comprehensive software platform that allows for a configurable interface is beyond the current scope of the Securifi products.  Not that a configurable app isn't possible down the road but it's far more important to provide robust support of sensors and functionality using the LCD interface and the apps along with providing a quality WiFi router, that's the job of the Almond class of products.

Really sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be. The only thing that would ease the burden in my mind, would be the full blown Almond+, Almond 2015, Almond 3 Plug In for Homeseer.  I'm not sure I'd include that in my business model if I were Securifi but if I were a VAR, I would seriously consider making that a project.

If I had more time, and development skill, I'd probably work on it more. H-A has the beginnings of a websocket interface, I'm hoping that will turn into the bridge.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck