Choose style:

Author Topic: DSC Alram with Envisalink 3 Module  (Read 6441 times)

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
DSC Alram with Envisalink 3 Module
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:15:12 am »
DSC is one of the most popular alarm systems available. an interface to those systems would be nice. I currently use Envisalink 3 to network mine and it works well. Interfacing with this module would be great.

http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Envisalink EVL-3 Almond Integration for DSC
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:08 am »
I think the Almond Team has higher priorities that they are working on. I am trying to see how we can integrate this with EVL-3. I used a simple tcp client to connect to EVL-3 and run some commands.

I am now trying to figure out what do I need to do to expose it to Almond. Do you need a specific device class? Do you have an API that can be used to create a custom device ? Basically I can write a client that can send and receive responses from openWRT SSH session. I can also keep a session open and send updates on the current status. What is needed for Almond to recognize the zones and partitions and expose them on the UI? I hope we can use the same motion sensor and door sensor z-wave UI for these as well.

To be clear, I am not expecting Almond guys to start working on this. I am hoping we as a community can build it and have Almond integrate it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:50:18 pm by d.kiran »

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
Re: DSC Alram with Envisalink 3 Module
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:58:34 pm »
+1 to this. I already have a thread in another part of the forum to see if I can get anything done by myself.

Offline etijburg

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:14:03 pm »
I +1 as well.

This is what completes home automation.
Erik

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:03:53 am »
I +1 as well.
I posted the following in the thread http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,165.0.html  :

Indeed. We the backers have a special soft corner for the A+. If you conduct a survey among the NA customers/potential customers, I am sure that the majority has DSC or Honeywell/Ademco installed in their homes. All they need is a $70 to $90 EVL-3 (I got mine for $75 new from eBay) board for integration. Even without integration Eyezon service is superb. Maybe that Securifi can build a partnership with the Envisalink people - its a HUGE win-win situation for both the companies. And we the customers will be benefited the most.
Its really amazing to think that existing DSC/Honeywell sensors can be used to create rules/Scenes. IMHO its one of the juiciest low hanging fruit out there:-) 

Dear Lars, can you please let us know whether the alarm integration is in your FEATURE TO DO list? If not, could you please convey this message to the decision makers? I know you are our best advocate:-)

TIA.

And the response from Sucurifi was :

As I've already mentioned, as of now, there are no plans for this.

Let's just hope for the best or somehow the community find a way to implement the integration.

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:55 am »
Well I guess this mean I'm on to Vera. They already support all the devices I want to deploy around the home. good luck with this.

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 08:19:09 am »
As I'm not a programmer, I've been looking for ways to integrate my DSC alarm with the A+. this is something I need to do if I'm to continue with this device and one of the only limitations I have so far. I've found a page on GitHub with a bunch of code but again as I only do a little scripting for Windows domain type environments I lack the skills to complete this task. the link is: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/DSC-Alarm-Binding. Can anyone with coding skills tell me if this can be adapted to a package that will work on the A+?  Thanks.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:15 am »
I do not have the needed skills, but would you be able to use the Websockets Securifi has made available? I know nothing about that security system so I do not know if it has some method to make websocket communications, or if you could use a bridge (like a raspberry pi) that watches both and tells each what to do based on the other?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Baldo

• Chestnut
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:23:57 am »
I'm considering loading up a system with a Linux derivative and configuring the SDK so I can try to start some programming. since I have never done this it will be a WAG at best. I just don't want to screw up my system. I need to completely wipe it and start over anyways but not until I have a suitable backup. on this note...I'm currently testing out a ZIPABOX which has DSC integration cooked into it. This may be my route in the future and the A+ may become just my router/storage/VPN concentrator when all is said and done.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.