bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Linear WD500Z and WT00Z-1 group  (Read 5394 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Linear WD500Z and WT00Z-1 group
« on: May 29, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »
I thought, this was on the list of supported devices. I bought these two to replace existing 3-way switches. I have wired them and paired them. The main/master seems to be working well.

I am not sure how to add them to a group so that the slave switch can control the master. Do we have groups support. Is there a way we can accomplish this ?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Linear WD500Z and WT00Z-1 group
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:15:19 am »
@ d.kiran,

Groups are not support yet, but you can still control them using Rules.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »
I have a bunch of the WD500Zs working properly in Scenes, Rules, and individually. One thing I have noted is that they do not seem to notify the Almond when they are manually pressed. Ex: Switch is off, you turn it on with app/rule/whatever, it will turn on. You MANUALLY press the switch to turn it off... Almond will not know it is off. This seems to be with the switches themselves. I have contacted Linear (a couple times) asking about this and gotten no response. Securifi went to a lot of effort looking into this with me, we were even checking the Z-Wave logs, but it shows no messages come in with manual presses.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:07 am »
@fillibar - Apparently this is a Linear thing. If you double tap the switch, it then sends the status update. If I double tap, I see the status update.

Apparently there is a way to poll the device, but I can't see a way of doing that from the WS API.

@Ashok, do you know of a way to poll the switch directly (not GetDeviceInfo which fetches the data from DeviceList.xml) from the WebSocket API ?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:10:43 am »
@ d.kiran,

@Ashok, do you know of a way to poll the switch directly (not GetDeviceInfo which fetches the data from DeviceList.xml) from the WebSocket API ?

We are not doing any polling as long the device sends the input, we would receive it.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 10:52:26 am »
@ d.kiran,

We are not doing any polling as long the device sends the input, we would receive it.

Hi Ashok. I know you're not doing any polling.

That is why my question was, is there a way in the WS API or the SDK to poll/get an updated status from the switch?

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:51 am »
Also, this might have been obvious to everyone, but you need a Aeon Minimote to associate the two switches together. Once they are associated, the minimote is no longer needed.

Offline lucasrangit

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 04:13:03 am »
@fillibar - Apparently this is a Linear thing. If you double tap the switch, it then sends the status update. If I double tap, I see the status update.

Thanks for sharing this. This works and would be a viable solution but the switch has another flaw. When you double tap up when off, it goes to some dimmer value between 30-60% but when you double tap down, it doesn't go all the way to 0%. It requires multiple double taps with a pause in between. I tried changing some parameters from the LCD UI but it fails.

I'm going to rip my wall switch out and stick an Almond Click there instead.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.