bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: WebUI and Android Almond App seemingly very useless.  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
WebUI and Android Almond App seemingly very useless.
« on: May 29, 2016, 09:01:56 pm »
So while I'm doing my usual weekend futzing with my network, I took some time to have a good look at both the WebUI and the android app. I have 14 different sensors, mostly Hues, one Nest Protect, and a couple zwave gadgets.
My question is simply this: what good are either of them when they show almost completely wrong information. Of 14 devices, 9 are showing the current state wrong, lit up but showing off in the UI, power physically cut off to others, but showing as ON nonetheless. Going to the Almond+ and looking directly at the connected sensors app confirms the same info.
I can reset each at the Almond directly and then the Web and android then update...but should it not just be aware of current states?
My Home Assistant server reads all the states dead-on. No errors.

Similar issues with other devices. I have a Chromecast that is currently on (and really never goes off), but the Almond+ swears to me it hasn't been active in 12 days.

I'm really not sure what to make of it.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: WebUI and Android Almond App seemingly very useless.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:47:25 am »
Try switching between Local and Cloud mode, see if there is a difference in status for any device.

I hardly use switches any more, so I don't run into the no power, non reporting situation but I will try a few test on various devices.  My devices are correctly reporting their state every time I check and I have a bunch of different types.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:04:07 am »
I'd also flush the App Cache, the general cache and wipe the cache partition on your phone.

Testing right now with everything from a dozen lights (2 types), door sensors, flood sensor, siren, outlets, peanuts, household power monitor, thermostat, key fob, smoke detector, and motion detectors.  All of them are kicking off the correct state on both the Android App and Web Interface.

Local connection is a bit faster than when using the Cloud connection. (seemingly logical)
That's a couple dozen devices, mix of Zwave and Zigbee, all reporting correct status.

Now when the power is off on a light, literally switched off so the bulb is off the net, the status shows last known state and if you try to refresh, it is unable to communicate with the device. Again, makes sense, there's no power to it.  I suppose if you can't communicate with a device, it might make some sense, with lights anyway, to default to OFF.

Because there's no keep alive ping that times out, it's risky making those assumptions.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:26:27 am »
More testing and found an issue.
Maybe PUSH issue on Securifi server, SSL Cert?

Android and IOS App not reporting correct state or change of state in Securifi Door Sensors.
Web Interface and LCD Interface ARE reporting correct status and change of state for Door Sensors.

Switch from Cloud to Local
Correct states reported.

Switch back to Cloud, incorrect state reported.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline Shazster

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 08:07:15 am »
Try switching between Local and Cloud mode, see if there is a difference in status for any device.

I hardly use switches any more, so I don't run into the no power, non reporting situation but I will try a few test on various devices.  My devices are correctly reporting their state every time I check and I have a bunch of different types.

Tried that. No change.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:44 am »
"Now when the power is off on a light, literally switched off so the bulb is off the net, the status shows last known state and if you try to refresh, it is unable to communicate with the device. Again, makes sense, there's no power to it.  I suppose if you can't communicate with a device, it might make some sense, with lights anyway, to default to OFF."

That part I get & yes makes sense...doesn't explain the stuff that is ON, but A+ is telling me it's off.

I'll try flushing the various caches this evening after work, see if that does anything.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:27:11 am by Shazster »

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 09:34:57 pm »
My Android issue cleared up in a couple hours and as of right now, and usually, reports correct status of all sensors.  Just did a quick check of the door sensors giving me an issue late last night and they are updating immediately.

Kickstarter Backer

Offline intrepidpursuit

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 01:43:52 am »
My Almond+ never shows state updates when devices are changed locally and not through the Almond+. Switches and door locks are my examples of this. The door lock status doesn't change if I unlock it manually, switch status doesn't change if I flip the switch. I don't have hue so I don't know if the same issue occurs if you change the state of the bulb from the hue hub rather than the Almond+.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 11:38:13 am »
@ intrepidpursuit,

Do they work fine, when we access them through Almond+ LCD UI and also send us the log files.

Offline jhchang

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 12:02:20 pm »
I agree.  The WebUI is crap, as is the IOS app.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.