Choose style:

Author Topic: Aeon Labs newest products  (Read 5261 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Aeon Labs newest products
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »
Anyone know if the newest Aeon Labs products work? Such as the garage door opener and LED bulb? They were "in development" for so long I didn't notice that some of them are now available.

Thanks!

Edit: Also the door bell :-D

They have a new bevy of items apparently "coming in 2016" they seem interesting. One can hope.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:36:01 pm by mparadis »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Aeon Labs newest products
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:22 pm »
I have to say... the ability to load MP3s to your garage door opener leads to all sorts of things. Geek I am, I immediately pictured loading the "shuttle bay door warning" from ST:TNG.

Some of the other items are very interesting... although $60 for a door/window sensor, however small and thin, is out of my price point.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:46:53 pm by fillibar »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:52:18 pm »
$60 for most sensors is more than I want to spend too  :P. But I did just purchase the doorbell to test it out.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:01:15 am »
Let me know how it works out. We have an ancient flaky one on our house and this might be a nice replacement.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 09:50:47 pm »
Recently added the Monoprice Dual Relay and it works very well. The only issue is that it shows up in the list of devices as one item and there is no way label each individual action inside that item, just switch 1 and switch 2. Have not tested with scenes, rules etc.

Installed Aeon Labs RGB LED bulb as well. Was tricky to pair but it works. But it works only as a dimmer bulb no RGB at this point. I tried selecting other which makes it a multi level switch. There was no option for the RGB bulb. That said it works just fine as a normal dimmable bulb. A note, it is massive, much larger than standard LEDs and the GE Link LEDs. It may not fit in your fixture, there is even a warning on the package. It has not been tested with rules, scenes etc.

I installed the Aeon Labs Doorbell. It connected as a siren. I can activate it from the LCD and it rings twice. I can see it active at that time. However, when pressing the doorbell itself, I do not receive the activation on the LCD or my phone. It does not show up as active. The range is terrible, like 10 feet was difficult through my exterior door and I had to move it several times. I selected a standard siren noise but there are several choices and you can upload your own. It constantly shows as ringing on my app. As of now out of a very expensive, mediocre wireless doorbell. Have not tested with rules and scenes etc.

I will update to newest firmware this evening but don't expect those issues to change. I'm not terribly upset since these are new items and I got them both used through Amazon at decent discounts. Will keep them for now.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
The above was a post from about 12 days ago but I hadn't loaded it here. Here is a brief update since then:

My Aeon Labs Doorbell does not work well but have not tested it extensively since firmwares were updated. I will be trying to upload additional tones to it as some point. I have checked and can supposedly activate it as the "then" portion of a rule but doesn't seem like I can change which tone it uses. I didn't test yet to see how well that works as I was away for a few weeks. As a doorbell, it seems to be a bust, as it is currently working but you must push and hold the button for around 1 or 2 full seconds to trigger it, which is a bit much for a doorbell...

Edit: also I can now clear the "ringing" notification in the app by clicking on it (same way you would activate a light switch)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:16:48 pm by mparadis »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »
If you find a way to change sounds dynamically or trigger different ones from a set you have loaded, please mention it. That would still be really useful even if the doorbell itself was a failure.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:50:48 pm »
Will do, hoping to test within the week.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:47 am »
Basic test results.

Doorbell siren can be triggered as part of a rule, i.e. when front door sensor is open, sound doorbell. It shows up as an alert on the phone as doorbell ringing (since I have it set to notify when active). It must be manually reset/cleared in the app.

Doorbell siren can be triggered as part of a scene. It also shows up as the doorbell ringing notification. It must be manually reset/cleared in the app.

The doorbell siren can be triggered, sometimes, by pressing the doorbell button. It must be pressed and held for several seconds. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, this seems to be regardless of proximity and interference from walls etc. Pressing the button does not activate a notification to the almond and thus cannot be used to activate rules.

This is the most thorough testing I have done yet. I have not set any personal mp3s yet. I have not manually adjusted any of the parameters yet which can be used to change volumes, sounds etc. I haven't got a full list of these parameters just some I found online.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »
Aeon Labs is replacing my unit as they believe it is defective. Once I receive the new one and have installed / tested I will update the doorbell. I plan to try to use the LED bulb more and perhaps reinstall it to see if I can get a few other features.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:38 pm »
Well, hopefully the replacement works as intended and you will also be able to give us some feedback on their support process.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:01 pm »
Will do.

@ashok, any plans to support the LED bulb in all its glory? Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 10:18:07 am »
@ mparadis,

Will do.

@ashok, any plans to support the LED bulb in all its glory? Thanks!

I would have to discuss this with our team and will get back to you with an update.

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck