bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Yale z-wave deabolt and GD00Z  (Read 4104 times)

Offline shakezoola

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Yale z-wave deabolt and GD00Z
« on: August 02, 2016, 01:21:54 am »
I just got my Almond+_a few days ago. I bought a Yale Real Living Keyless Push Button Deadbolt with Z-Wave (YRD210-ZW-0BP) as my first sensor. I got the Almond+ up and running, I paired the Yale lock, and everything worked perfect. I even enabled Almond to work with my Amazon Echo (one of the main reasons I choose the Almond over other hubs).

Thinking that everything was going so smoothly, I ordered several other sensors, including another Yale lock, and two GD00Z-4 garage door sensors/openers.

This is right about were everything goes downhill...

I successfully paired the GD00-4 with the almond, and installed it. When I tried to open the garage door, the light on the GD00Z-4 started flashing and there was an audible tone. After that, the GD00Z-4 just continuously flashed. I unplugged it, and plugged it back in, it just starts flashing. I tried to un-pair, but nothing happens, just a flashing light. I read that you can do a factory reset by hitting the pair button 5 times, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Doing some research on this forum, I followed some advice that lead me to perform a remove all sensors on the Almond+. Now I have no sensors on my Almond+, and was probably a bad idea. It's probably not something that should be an option on the hub, because now the Yale lock will no longer pair with the hub, even after performing a factory reset. When I try to enable paring on the lock, the status indicator turn red. So much for progress, I'm one step back from yesterday.

Does anyone have any experience with the Yale Real Living Keyless Push Button Deadbolt with Z-Wave (YRD210-ZW-0BP) and being able to successfully pair it again after a removal? Or perhaps know how to reset the GD00Z-4 to stop it from flashing and/or reset it?

I e-mailed Yale support, and I am awaiting a reply. I'll be sending Linear support an e-mail soon as well.

I've googled the web to try and find solutions for both of my issues. So far, no luck.

Almost all of the sensors I bought are on the list of supported sensors, with the exception of the GD00z-4, but my research shows that there have been some that have had success getting it to work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:07:27 am by shakezoola »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Yale z-wave deabolt
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:43:46 am »
@ shakezoola,

When it comes to the Z-wave devices, reset would not work we have to follow the proper removal process to remove it from the network only then we can join them back.

Tap on Add sensor -->Remove (single remove only)-->Now follow the removal process on Yale lock (master code #7#3 (we should get a message "Unknown sensor removed).

Now go ahead and add it Tap on Add sensor-->Add--> (master code #7#1).

Same thing for all the other Z-wave sensors except the adding and remove procedure would differ.

Offline shakezoola

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:16:04 am »
OK, I got the Yale lock to un-enroll. I was then able to get it to enroll, and it works fine.

When I go to remove sensor, I get the dialog that asks me to put the sensor in a state to un-pair it. It will just sit and eventually timeout. I'm guessing that the GD00z is no longer paired.

The GD00z I am working with must be defective. Every time I plug it in, it immediately starts flashing, and does not respond when trying to pair, un-pair, or reset to factory settings.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:14:12 pm »
You need to follow the devices instructions for exclusion for each device, whatever it is for the garage door sensor you must do that while the Almond is in remove mode. And they must be within a few feet of each other. Did you read the trouble shooting instructions for the garage door opener? What does it say when the light flashes continuously? Resetting a device does not remove it from a network so that should be the first step.

Offline shakezoola

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:06:59 am »
I did follow the instructions to remove each device, however, the GD00Z device is unresponsive. It is sitting right next to my almond. When I plug it in, all it does is flash. The troubleshooting guide doesn't state anything about the light flashing continuously.

I contacted Nortek Security for support, but they have been unresponsive.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Yale z-wave deabolt and GD00Z
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:00:15 am »
I have never gotten an answer from Nortek on anything. Support, product question, whatever. They have some nice devices (I have many different things now) but apparently they will only respond to big businesses.

Did you get the beeps after resetting it?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline shakezoola

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:21 am »
No beeps. All it does is flash. I press the button 5 times to reset, but it keeps flashing at a steady rate.

I have another unit, but I'm hesitant to give it a try.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:27:27 am by shakezoola »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:29 am »
Huh. That is odd. I would try the other one (just my opinion). If that one works then it really seems like the first might be a dud. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Looking at the install instructions it even says to have the unit near your controller, not in the final mounting (like many devices). One random guess is whether the tilt sensor needs to be near the unit (I would not think so normally) since they do have that as step 4, before pairing.

Bummer about the remove all. It does have a bit of use (if you got a used one with someone else's stuff left on it, or if you only use ZigBee devices) but it can cause a lot of hassle otherwise.

Offline shakezoola

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »
I tried the second GD00Z and got it added and it works perfectly.

looks like the first one I tried was a defect. I guess I picked the wrong one to install first. I might have had less headaches.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »
Glad it is working out now. I had a dead bolt z wave radio die and it flashed continuously when it did. Perhaps they program this to do the same.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »
Good to hear (well, good to hear the second one works, not good for the first). Hopefully the rest of it all goes smoothly.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.