bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ not getting new wan IP  (Read 2239 times)

Offline chlimouj

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ not getting new wan IP
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:25 pm »
I've narrowed down on the issues on my network to this:  My cable modem (Motorola Surfboard 6141) will reboot, for whatever reason, and as it starts up it immediately issues a temporary IP to the Almond+ on the 192.168.100.x subnet, which allows me to get into the cable modem's status page and watch it go through diagnostics and connecting into the cable network, which takes a minute or two.

However, after the cable modem receives a new IP from Comcast, at which point the temporary IP given to the Almond+ becomes useless (except for continuing to view the cable modem status), nothing appears to be forcing the almond to drop this interface and request a new IP from the wan.  My quick and dirty manual workaround is just to reboot the almond+, but this is not ideal... if nobody is home, it could be down for hours, or even days if i'm out of town, with nothing wrong except the need to drop its IP config and request a fresh lease.

What can I do about this? Other routers I've used handled this situation more gracefully, surely something can be done....

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ not getting new wan IP
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:04:02 pm »
@ chlimouj,

Are we positive that this modem gives 192, because it is a pure bride modem and doesn't have the capability to provide any other IP except WAN IP.  If tat is the case, then try to put the modem in to complete brigde mode and tat should solve the issue.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.