bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to R089  (Read 33730 times)

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to R089
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 08:00:42 am »
@ bebopblues,

What does the status show "Internet Connected" or "Internet Disconnected" and try to do a sequential power cycle that should take care of it.

Offline Richel

• Beta Testers
Re: R089 Firmware is out - CAUTION!!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 09:29:10 pm »
So, I updated the firmware from R085 to R089, because the smartphone app would not let me access the Almond+ without upgrading.  I did this via the router LCD screen. It was a disaster!! The upgrade process wiped out all my settings (SSID, passwords, port forwarding, static IP addresses), but not my sensors; this despite the UI indicating "save all settings.". To make matters worse, when I tried to restore settings from my backup file, I got the message that it was not a valid file. Furthermore, the UI is flashing that I need to upgrade, the smartphone app states that my router needs an updated, BUT the router LCD indicates that I have installed R089.

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 09:35:07 pm »
@ bebopblues,

What does the status show "Internet Connected" or "Internet Disconnected" and try to do a sequential power cycle that should take care of it.

It show disconnected. But it has shown that in the past, doing a DHCP scan usually fixes it.

But anyway, internet is working in the morning after. I'm not sure why it didn't the previous night. I guess there's a slight chance that my internet went down THE EXACT SAME TIME as I was doing the update. I have no idea.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
Re: R089 Firmware is out - CAUTION!!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 11:20:05 pm »
So, I updated the firmware from R085 to R089, because the smartphone app would not let me access the Almond+ without upgrading.  I did this via the router LCD screen. It was a disaster!! The upgrade process wiped out all my settings (SSID, passwords, port forwarding, static IP addresses), but not my sensors; this despite the UI indicating "save all settings.". To make matters worse, when I tried to restore settings from my backup file, I got the message that it was not a valid file. Furthermore, the UI is flashing that I need to upgrade, the smartphone app states that my router needs an updated, BUT the router LCD indicates that I have installed R089.

Feedback thread over here:
https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,4425.0.html
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 01:27:11 am »
I had to do a manual install, as this update simply wasn't detected when trying via the LCD UI.

Looks like things are starting to finally be what was promised in terms of the HA features at least.

Offline AcidLotus

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 01:33:45 am »
Love the Sunset and Sunrise feature! Finally something I've been missing that those crappy WEMO devices had long before my Almond+ shipped.

Offline andersos

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 04:53:51 am »
I too wanted sunrise/sunset feature very much. But as it is now it isn't very useful to me. I guess I can only use sunset at Europe/Helsinki, but today
the sun sets where I live. (Vaasa, Finland) 29 minutes after Helsinki sunset.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 11:40:04 am »
I too wanted sunrise/sunset feature very much. But as it is now it isn't very useful to me. I guess I can only use sunset at Europe/Helsinki, but today
the sun sets where I live. (Vaasa, Finland) 29 minutes after Helsinki sunset.

Try using the WEBGUI to configure, see if the A+ detects a difference between A+ settings and computer settings. Mine did and allowed me to adjust the A+ accordingly.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 04:37:02 pm »
Try using the WEBGUI to configure, see if the A+ detects a difference between A+ settings and computer settings. Mine did and allowed me to adjust the A+ accordingly.

I don't understand what you mean. And looking over the web gui I don't notice anything that would help. I live 700km north of our capital Helsinki so there will always be a
time difference between there and here when sun sets or rises. And in the A+ settings I can only choose Europe/Helsinki as region. Same problem with weather display on A+.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:51 pm »

I don't understand what you mean. And looking over the web gui I don't notice anything that would help. I live 700km north of our capital Helsinki so there will always be a
time difference between there and here when sun sets or rises. And in the A+ settings I can only choose Europe/Helsinki as region. Same problem with weather display on A+.

When I used the WEB GUI to setup a Rule using WEATHER CONDITION, my browser and A+ were not set to be in the same time zone and I was prompted to adjust the time zone of the A+ to match the web browser.

Not sure if the same would work for Euro Settings.  Will try to recreate on this end.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline mikeys63

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 10:07:09 pm »
Version R089 broke my program that interfaces with the Websocket.  Has the Websocket syntax changed?  Anyone else having any issues?

Offline mikeys63

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 10:32:06 pm »
The Websocket syntax has definitely changed based on my testing.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 11:10:00 pm »
@ mikeys63,

Version R089 broke my program that interfaces with the Websocket.  Has the Websocket syntax changed?  Anyone else having any issues?

It could be possible, will update the status by tomorrow.

Offline andersos

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 11:26:39 am »

When I used the WEB GUI to setup a Rule using WEATHER CONDITION, my browser and A+ were not set to be in the same time zone and I was prompted to adjust the time zone of the A+ to match the web browser.

Not sure if the same would work for Euro Settings.  Will try to recreate on this end.

Oh I see what you mean now. The problem for me isn't the time zone. I'm in the same zone as our capital, Helsinki. But with sunrise/sunset also the latitude is important.  I live 700 km north of Helsinki, so for example sunset in the summer is later here than in Helsinki (currently 29 minutes). But in the winter the sun sets earlier here than in Helsinki. With the current A+ firmware I get sunrise/sunset and weather info for Helsinki because
I can choose only Helsinki in A+ settings and not where I really am.

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »
Oh I see what you mean now. The problem for me isn't the time zone. I'm in the same zone as our capital, Helsinki. But with sunrise/sunset also the latitude is important.  I live 700 km north of Helsinki, so for example sunset in the summer is later here than in Helsinki (currently 29 minutes). But in the winter the sun sets earlier here than in Helsinki. With the current A+ firmware I get sunrise/sunset and weather info for Helsinki because
I can choose only Helsinki in A+ settings and not where I really am.

I have the same or similar problem.  The Time Zone is set correctly in the Almond+, but the geographic location for Weather is apparently set to "Pretty Prairie, KS."  I live in Marion, IA and apparently there is currently no place in Almond+ controls to set the geographic location.  So not only is Weather incorrectly shown but also since the latitude of Pretty Prairie is further S from Marion, my Sunrise/ Sunset base times are incorrect.  Reading older threads it seems the Almond+ gets geographic location from a NTP Server.  Am I missing something insofar as being able to set the geographic location? 
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck