Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to R089  (Read 33965 times)

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to R089
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2016, 12:57:59 am »
I don't know how my ecobee3 thermostat does it, but it (I don't input anything [zipcode, city, lat/long, etc.] identifying where I live) but it somehow via WiFi determines that I live in Marion, IA and reports the weather conditions here... though maybe a few hours late.

Do you have an app connected to the Ecobee?
Are you using the Ecobee with Amazon Echo?

Both of the above allow the unit to determine location and other info via your smartphone or via Amazon's loc service.
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline andersos

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2016, 02:43:29 am »
Lat/long should be added to A+ settings. From what I've seen most weather services work with lat/long too.  They could add a setup option to the Almond app to get lat/long from smrtphones and set the location in A+.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2016, 08:19:19 am »
@ Zexon83,

Sorry for the delay, just got the update we will soon update the Web Socket API according to the latest firmware.

Offline BikerBob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2016, 08:38:00 am »

Both of the above allow the unit to determine location and other info via your smartphone or via Amazon's loc service.

Yes, I do have the Android Ecobee App connected to the ecobee3... but not an Amazon Echo.
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Offline BikerBob

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:01 am »

Regarding how the ecobee3 determines location for weather I did find this under ecobee Support:

"Weather Station

ecobee Support
 posted this on September 12, 2012, 4:04 PM

Q: I live in a mountainous region in New Hampshire, and I'm wondering which weather station the thermostat will connect to (valley or mountain)? Around here, this makes a big difference.   

A: The weather forecast is determined by the address you use to register your thermostat. From that address, the ecobee determines the latitude and longitude coordinates. The thermostat finds the closest weather stations and then uses an algorithm to interpolate the data, based on geography, to derive weather for your (very specific) location. The ecobee will then take several closest weather stations in your area, run an algorithm, and estimate the weather at your house (as opposed to a single location - i.e. airport)"

So it looks like ecobee3 determines the geographic location for their weather forecast from the ecobee product registration address.
Almond+ | Android App | Peanut Plugs | OSRAM Lightify LED/A19/DIM/RGB

Offline derrikn

• Backer
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 03:12:58 am »
Any feedback related to R089, please post it here.
I'm still having issues with my internet connection dropping; requiring a reboot or power cycle.

I'm also having issues with the Android App where devices I have set to Notify Me will change from "Always" to "Never".

Offline rf134a

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 12:37:39 am »
It's great the A+ has had generic HEM support since R085, however, we need some way of resetting the stats. With my Aeotec HEM v2, there's no way to reset the "energy XXXkwh" either manually or on a calendar basis. It would be nice to have daily and monthly logs. Also, the clamp measurements are never correct and will never change after the initial setup.

The temperature unit display on my z-wave motion sensor is incorrect. The LCD and web interface shows C but the apps only show F.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2016, 08:27:31 am »
@ rf134a,

It's great the A+ has had generic HEM support since R085, however, we need some way of resetting the stats. With my Aeotec HEM v2, there's no way to reset the "energy XXXkwh" either manually or on a calendar basis. It would be nice to have daily and monthly logs. Also, the clamp measurements are never correct and will never change after the initial setup.

The temperature unit display on my z-wave motion sensor is incorrect. The LCD and web interface shows C but the apps only show F.

As long as load value is not changed, we don't get any new readings try to connect any other device, which has different load, also try to turn it off wait for few seconds and then turn it back on.

On the app, we are yet to add the support for changing the readings from C to F and vice versa.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:00 pm »
I'm still having issues with my internet connection dropping; requiring a reboot or power cycle.

I'm also having issues with the Android App where devices I have set to Notify Me will change from "Always" to "Never".

I'm still on R083, and for many months up until recently I had all devices marked as Notify Me -> Always. They are all  now Never.
Not sure when they stopped reporting. Couple of months ago maybe.
Must be a cloud issue.

Offline meberlein

• Backer
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »
After the update my UI is once again unusable(previously got a unit replaced for a very similar issue). This time it seems like the touch screen calibration is really off. If I touch the center of the screen a button far offset from where I pressed will respond to the interaction. Any idea how to reset the calibration?

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »
Really like this new drop.

One issue, one Peanut is working well, the other Peanut, not so much.  Data being reported by 2nd Peanut (listed as Electronics in my list) is reporting Hex data. It's as if the device did not get through the conversion process.

Screenshots show Device listing (Peanut labeled as Electronics), sample history with good data from another Peanut, sample history with bad data from Peanut labeled as Electronics.

Will forward logs as well.

Power has been cycled on the Peanut.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2016, 07:26:43 am »
Have you tried removing and pairing the "odd" Peanut Plug?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2016, 09:07:33 am »
There is definitely some connection flakiness here. I had two laptops, one hooked up to ethernet via a switch to my Almond. The other one was connected to the WiFi of my UVerse router. Ran a test for 4 days to the same 4 websites

The Almond consistently dropped connections and missed connections. The UVerse Wireless while not perfect, was substantially better.

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2016, 11:43:49 am »
Have you tried removing and pairing the "odd" Peanut Plug?

Nope, not yet. Figured I'd forward the info to the team, let them get a look see and go from there.

I'm sure I could delete and re-pair and it would be fine but I don't want to have to do that. Always messes with my rules, device order, etc.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2016, 01:07:15 pm »
Gotcha. My device order is a mess, but at least it is easier to "repair" rules and scenes when a device gets removed than it used to be. Being able to deal with them in the app has really helped.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck