Choose style:

Author Topic: Status shows Internet Connected but cloud not  (Read 3924 times)

Offline darylbaz

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Status shows Internet Connected but cloud not
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:00:44 am »
This is the start of my second day wrestling with this thing. I have a Fairpoint Communication (used to be Verizon FIOS till they pulled out of the area) Actiontec as my main router in the house. This place is huge so I have bought 4 almonds and put them throughout the house. The one situation by the bar has not given me an issue since the day I plugged it in. Likewise for the one over the garage. The one in the family room was working well but is now giving me issues. With that one it appears that when the screen times out the connection stops. When I tap the screen and check the settings it is working fine. I am not so much concerned with that one as I think I will swap it out with the one from over the garage till a later date.
My main concern is the almond+ I have in our master bedroom. The status screen consistently says it is connected to the Internet but not to the cloud. When I attempt to use my phone and/or table to connect the wireless neither works. I am only using it for wireless in this room and with the location of the room is also providers wireless to the pool.
Someone please help me before my wife is going to kill me for spending so much time playing with this bunny thing. Thanks in advance.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Status shows Internet Connected but cloud not
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:41:45 am »
@ darylbaz,

This is the start of my second day wrestling with this thing. I have a Fairpoint Communication (used to be Verizon FIOS till they pulled out of the area) Actiontec as my main router in the house. This place is huge so I have bought 4 almonds and put them throughout the house. The one situation by the bar has not given me an issue since the day I plugged it in. Likewise for the one over the garage. The one in the family room was working well but is now giving me issues. With that one it appears that when the screen times out the connection stops. When I tap the screen and check the settings it is working fine. I am not so much concerned with that one as I think I will swap it out with the one from over the garage till a later date.
My main concern is the almond+ I have in our master bedroom. The status screen consistently says it is connected to the Internet but not to the cloud. When I attempt to use my phone and/or table to connect the wireless neither works. I am only using it for wireless in this room and with the location of the room is also providers wireless to the pool.
Someone please help me before my wife is going to kill me for spending so much time playing with this bunny thing. Thanks in advance.

As long as you got access to the Cloud with out any concerns then please ignore the red x on the Cloud icon under status. It does seem like a small bug with the user interface and would be taken care through our next release.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »
That is a lot of Securifi products running in parallel. I think a few of us are going to be watching this thread. I have two on the go, Almond+ main router, and an Almond2015 as a repeater/AP with a DLink AC1200 extending my network out into a detached enclosed gazebo. I have been futzing around with multiple point coverage with these things for a bit and here's what works for me:

Same network name/SSIDs across the network for all devices (Almonds in repeater mode like to offer you a "recommended" choice of the SSID of the network extented plus a suffix of "-ext" or something to that effect). You may want to ignore that and just choose the SSID of the network. Your network will be generally transparent to you as you roam from place to place in your property.
All my access points are broadcasting on the same channel. I downloaded an android WiFi app just to have a quick look around and see what channels everyone else is broadcasting on, and set all my APs to a channel with the least traffic/farthest away (ie. My service is wimax and the tower I feed off of broadcasts on channel 11. I set my router & APs all to channel 1, the far end of the spectrum).

The people on this forum have been very helpful ambassadors for the product line, so don't be shy. If we can help, we will.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »
If you are losing signal it seems like you could be having interference on the wifi channels from so many devices. This can happen if they are too close together.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.