Choose style:

Author Topic: Sonos  (Read 5385 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sonos
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:37:32 pm »
Sonos has been a historically closed system, only available to those paying fees. Now it seems they are changing. https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/30/sonos-opens-up-spotify-connect-and-amazon-echo-control-is-comin/ While I don't have Sonos (for price reasons) I would love to be able to integrate my music (which I use on Google Cast devices) into my home control and automation system. Perhaps this is something Securifi will look into once it is available to anyone.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sonos
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:48:38 pm »
Maybe we could use Websockets with Almonds and Home Assistant to control Chromecast Audios.

I'm already set up with five CAs + amps/speakers and like it, so Sonos is a no go for me...

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »
@ grouter that is way above my pay grade  ;) but I'd be happy to try it out if someone did a step by step. I only have two of them for now since I am waiting to see what the google home product looks like and costs. Sonos are nice but too expensive.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:50 pm »
@ grouter that is way above my pay grade  ;)

Haha, me too... Maybe I'll give it a shot when the documentation is updated. I have HA running, but not yet talking to the A+. If it does work, it would open the door to lots of things.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.