bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Zooz devices  (Read 13479 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zooz devices
« on: September 02, 2016, 08:16:19 am »
I recently found a number ZOOZ branded Z-wave devices. I am unfamiliar with them other than reading about their water shut off previously. Their website indicates thesmartesthouse.com and Amazon are the official retailers at this time. I had originally provided all Amazon links but they are cheaper on thesmartesthouse.com and there are more devices / options.

Motion Sensor $27, battery or MicroUSB: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-motion-sensor-zse02
Multi Sensor (motion, temp, light, humidity) $31, battery: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-4-in-1-sensor-zse40
Siren $34, MicroUSB with battery backup: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-zse01-z-wave-indoor-siren
Surge Protector with 2 USB ports and 5 individually controlled outlets $53: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-power-strip-zen20
Dimmer Toggle Switch, 2 for $50: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/2-zooz-z-wave-plus-dimmer-toggle-switch-zen24-2-pack
On/Off Toggle Switch, 2 for $50: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/2-zooz-z-wave-plus-on-off-toggle-switch-zen23-2-pack
Dimmer Deco Switch, $27: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-dimmer-light-switch-zen22
On/Off Deco Switch, $27: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-on-off-light-switch-zen21
Gas and Water Shut Off, $54: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/zooz/products/zooz-zac03-z-wave-valve-control

The devices seem decent looking, for what they are. And the reviews are mixed. It seems that it works with certain hubs very well. Which they tested and list for each device. They are Z Wave Plus devices. Prices seem very competitive. I haven't seen other surge protectors with so many controlled outlets. The reviews I have seen for the gas and water shutoff are that it works but the mounting hardware is imprecise.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Zooz devices
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:01:31 am »
For $55 each, the Gas and Water Shut Off sounds great, even if I have to make custom mounts for various cutoffs. I could do all my water points of use for the price of one of some of the other cutoff devices I've seen.

@Ashok, time to order some of these  ;)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:06:37 am »
I went ahead and ordered these as I am sure Securifi/Ashok will work with us. Prices are pretty good.

For what its worth, it's the cheapest Z-wave switch AND it supports instant status update.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 10:14:36 am »
Did anyone try contacting them to see if they might give a coupon or group discount? Prices on these make them pretty appealing.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 10:54:24 am »
@ grouter,

For $55 each, the Gas and Water Shut Off sounds great, even if I have to make custom mounts for various cutoffs. I could do all my water points of use for the price of one of some of the other cutoff devices I've seen.

....  :D ... If I had the option, sure would have got almost all because the price is less and more support for the sensors better it would be for our product, however, passed the request to our respective team.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:15:56 pm »

Agree!!

@fillibar I contacted them but not about a group purchase. Just to ask about support. They haven't tested anything yet and wondered which specific items I was interested in.

@ashok Zooz appears to be looking for business relationships, it may beneficial to reach out to them. Perhaps you flip them a few Almond+ for testing they slip you a few sensors! ;)

These look like good price points on decent looking devices as well. Some of the devices are reported as standard binary switches which should work.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 01:25:30 pm »
NOTE: they have a free shipping offer for orders over $99 right now on the smartest house as well. code: Laborday

Offline ZackG

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 01:37:46 pm »
Has anyone been successful in getting any multisensor to work on the Almond+.  I've been looking at the Aeon ones for a while, but this is much more within my price point. 

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 02:21:16 pm »
Do any Z-wave Plus devices currently work with the A+?

I'll probably spring for the water/gas shut offs now...

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 02:30:00 pm »
Interestingly, they don't make a leak detector...   :-\

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 03:09:26 pm »
@ grouter,

Do any Z-wave Plus devices currently work with the A+?

I'll probably spring for the water/gas shut offs now...

If I remember it correctly Door/Window sensor and Binary switch Z-wave plus devices did work with Almond+ because they could be backward compatible.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 03:10:28 pm »
@ ZackG,

Has anyone been successful in getting any multisensor to work on the Almond+.  I've been looking at the Aeon ones for a while, but this is much more within my price point. 

We had added support for multi sensor and there shouldn't be any issue in connecting.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 05:40:27 pm »
@ grouter they don't have one but the Securifi ones I have work very well and are priced at $30 if my memory serves me correctly.

Offline ZackG

• Backer
Re: Zooz devices - MFG Issue
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 09:22:05 am »
FYI. I just installed one of the on/off switches, and it operates backwards (pressing up turns it off, and down turns it on). I wrote to customer support. They wrote back quickly, and turns out they just discovered the issue, and are working with the supplier to find a solution. They are going to get back to me with a solution.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 09:54:42 am »
That is actually somewhat funny. Should be able to be fixed in software... But updates are tough to do. You could always get a batch of them and really confuse people new to your house.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck