Choose style:

Author Topic: Weather Rules  (Read 6099 times)

Offline itzfry

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Weather Rules
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:06:57 am »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Weather rules are triggered by a multi-sensor or by location of router and national weather updates?  I ask because mine works great, however, I have a multi-sensor.  My friend said his isn't working, but he has the options to flag weather rules.  I am questioning why weather conditions show up on someone who doesnt have a multi-sensor hence the question.

Thoughts?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Weather Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:06:23 am »
@ itzfry,

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Weather rules are triggered by a multi-sensor or by location of router and national weather updates?  I ask because mine works great, however, I have a multi-sensor.  My friend said his isn't working, but he has the options to flag weather rules.  I am questioning why weather conditions show up on someone who doesnt have a multi-sensor hence the question.

Thoughts?

Most probably, we are getting confused with the Sunset and Sunrise options under Rules, if yes, then they would come up even if you don't have any sensors connected because it is an additional feature which is added.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Weather rules are triggered by a multi-sensor or by location of router and national weather updates?

Thoughts?

Both. If you have a multi-sensor, it can use the sensors on that device or you can use weather conditions based on your location. You can also use a combination of both such as, if the local temperature based on your location is 90F and multi-sensor temperature shows 85F, turn on the AC.

Offline itzfry

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 02:37:25 pm »
Great, thank you.

Questions: 

How do I set the rule to understand where to pull the weather criteria from (e.g your example of sunrise from location and temp from sensor)?

What needs set to use location for weather - my friend says his isn't working (he doesn't have a sensor setup and would be pulling from location)?

THanks!

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 03:13:27 pm »
What needs set to use location for weather - my friend says his isn't working (he doesn't have a sensor setup and would be pulling from location)?

When your friend says it is not working, can you let me know how is he testing that?

Also, you can set the weather using the LCD screen of the router. Scroll across the main menu of the router, there should be a tile with weather on it.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 05:55:11 pm »
I haven't been paying a lot of attention to how the weather app is functioning these days, but for a long time it "wandered"  eg. I'd set it to my town. It'd stay there for a few days, then start roving. One day it would be telling me the weather in the next town over. I'd terminate the app, restart it, and it would be set at another adjoining town. If people are integrating this into their home automation control, can I assume it is no longer an issue and stable?

Offline vdtroiano

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 02:26:00 pm »
My Almond + randomly switches to the weather of an adjacent town. How to i get it back to my town and keep it from changing?
Any suggestions? ty ty
Vince

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck