Choose style:

Author Topic: New Almond 2015 bought for Range Extender keeps dropping internet  (Read 6693 times)

Offline Bananadoc

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New Almond 2015 bought for Range Extender keeps dropping internet
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:29:38 pm »
I just bought an Almond 2015 to act as a range extender for our house. We have AT&T UVerse and the router is just too far from the TV! One of the things that sold me was the easy on-screen 3 minute setup, but now I'm having problems and reading these forums I suspect I'm woefully out of my depth to solve  the problem! The device connected right away to the wireless network and when it's connected it works like a dream. But. It disconnects all the darn time. Sometimes it's fine for an hour, other times it's every 15 minutes or so. The only thing that seems to fix it is to start again with the connection wizard. Reconnecting alone doesn't work. Help please! We cut cable and my family are ready to revolt  :o

(I suspect you may need more information to help me, but I'm not sure what that might be, so let me know and I'll do my best to provide it)

Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: New Almond 2015 bought for Range Extender keeps dropping internet
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 07:24:42 pm »
@ Bananadoc,

I just bought an Almond 2015 to act as a range extender for our house. We have AT&T UVerse and the router is just too far from the TV! One of the things that sold me was the easy on-screen 3 minute setup, but now I'm having problems and reading these forums I suspect I'm woefully out of my depth to solve  the problem! The device connected right away to the wireless network and when it's connected it works like a dream. But. It disconnects all the darn time. Sometimes it's fine for an hour, other times it's every 15 minutes or so. The only thing that seems to fix it is to start again with the connection wizard. Reconnecting alone doesn't work. Help please! We cut cable and my family are ready to revolt  :o

(I suspect you may need more information to help me, but I'm not sure what that might be, so let me know and I'll do my best to provide it)

Thanks!

Try to move the Almond device a bit close tot he main router or at least change the location by reducing the interference between the main router (AT&T ) and Almond.

Offline Bananadoc

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 12:31:15 am »
It's less than 20ft from the router. If I put it any closer it won't be a range extender at all! I've factory reset several times. No difference. Watching TV this evening I've had to run the wizard five times.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »
@ Bananadoc,

It's less than 20ft from the router. If I put it any closer it won't be a range extender at all! I've factory reset several times. No difference. Watching TV this evening I've had to run the wizard five times.

We have few rare scenarios, where even if the distance is less but signals from the main router won't be consistent, but again at a different location when we keep even further distance, the signal would be consistent and works fine. We should be doing a factory reset only ones or twice. Try to reach our support team at support@securifi.com, who would be happy to take care of it for you.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck