Choose style:

Author Topic: Using Almond to connect PC to router via WiFi. Which cable socket do I use?  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Bill1742

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
RESOLVED: You also have to do other things beyond connecting Device to the Almond & getting the Almond to talk to the WiFi.  You need to Enable as Repeater.  I can't remember what else.

I'm assuming I use the grey cable that came with it.  I was thinking I should connect the grey cable to the PC Ethernet Socket & the other end of the grey cable to the Almond via one of the 2 black sockets next to the grey socket.  Is this correct?

I need to get this right before I get help from somewhere else with the other aspects of enabling the WiFi connection.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:32:58 am by Bill1742 »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Using Almond to connect PC to router via WiFi. Which cable socket do I use?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:32:17 am »
@ Bill1742,

If you are using the Almond device in Range Extender mode, then you can use any of the ports available on Almond (Grey, Black) for connecting the hardwired devices and if we are using it in Router mode then the cable from modem/gateway would go to grey port and rest 2 would be used for hardwired devices. In any mode, wireless is always enabled on the Almond.

Offline Bill1742

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Using Almond to connect PC to router via WiFi. Which cable socket do I use?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:52:15 am »
Thankyou.  The "Cable disconnected" does not refer to the connection between the PC & the Almond then?

When I connect the Grey Cable between the PC Ethernet Socket & the Almond, all sockets are green.

FIXED & CONNECTED VIA WIFI!!  Thanks so much Ashock.

Now hopefully when I relocate my PC & restore power to the Almond I won't have significant bother getting it all to run again.  Stuff I did this time, setup as Range Extender & Add Device I think.  Working.  Everything good!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:33:33 am by Bill1742 »

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck