bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Sylvania Lightify Garden Lights  (Read 11072 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sylvania Lightify Garden Lights
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 02:59:03 pm »
Concur. I will say I like the iOS control better than android since it doesn't back out to the device screen with each change. The lights overall I like. Also the lights themselves can also be removed from the stakes to be surface mounted which I like a lot. I wonder how they work when extended to 18 feet. Also, the power supply housing is rated IP68 and includes the ability to mount it with screws. There is a second small unit that houses the lightify controller. Also mountable by screw and adhesive tape. Overall, happy with it and would buy at discount again but probably not full price unless I had a specific use/need for one. Paired easily. Of note, I can control colors in the rules but apparently not in scenes. Not sure what's going on with that.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 06:46:43 pm »
Yes... I think I will have to bring up about the way the app is kicking back. I want to try it with one of my other RGB devices to see. Have not tried to add it to Rules or Scenes yet (definitely have to, the main plan is to have them highlight headstones I carved for Halloween, and change colors when a motion detector goes off). I would hope that they are effectively the same as the Dresden RGB controller, since in reality they really are basically the same thing.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »
Installed my second set this morning. Same as before. Double checked, no color control in scenes via Android app but it is there in the iOS app.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »
@mparadis:
I can control the color just fine from the Android app when creating a scene. First you have to turn it on though. Then it will show the color selection (grayscale at first).

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 05:29:30 pm »
@fillibar You are correct and that does indeed work for me.

Edit: I also just ordered two of their A19 rgbw bulbs. They won't be delivered for a bit but for two of them it was very reasonably priced as opposed to a single from other brands. Any experience with those?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »
Nope. Let me know. I did see that Lowes has most of their stuff on a 25% sale... But the stuff they had was still pricey.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 10:37:46 pm »
The two bulbs are like $63 on Amazon but I purchased a used set from them for $52, as long as they work I don't see the issue with them being used. Hoping they work well. Will report when I get them.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »
So I got my two sets, but I realized I have no power outside my house to connect them. I was planning to return them, but I figured I bought it at a good price, so I am willing to sell them at the same price I bought it + shipping in case any one here wants it.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck