Choose style:

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch ZW078-A  (Read 5275 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What a mouthful. Anyone test one of these? I'd like to be able to use these to shut off large appliance (oven, washing machine, dish washer etc) in case of emergency or if traveling out of town or something. Seems like it can handle the loads, though anyone with feedback on that is welcome as well.

http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collections/energy/products/aeon-labs-aeotec-z-wave-heavy-duty-smart-energy-appliance-switch-zw078-a

Offline eughenes

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch ZW078-A
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:32:54 pm »
I've one of these (EU version). I could add it to the sensors network and be able to switch it or or off for a short while, after a few minutes it seems it cannot receive the commands anymore. Removing and reconfiguring it seems to make work it again for a short time.

Offline jedimdan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have the Almond+ and I've been using the ZW078-B/C (EU model) with a water storage tank heater for the past 6 months. It works 99% of the time: 99% of the time it executes the "turn on" command successfully, 90% of the time it executes the "turn off" command successfully. I got it so that I could schedule my water heater to turn on at a certain time and turn off later, so I've needed to add an extra schedule to attempt to turn it off a few hours later just in case it didn't turn off the first time.

In other words, so far it's been working well for me. I only had one scare today when for the first time it refused to communicate with my Almond+ (that's how I found this post). But after rebooting my Almond+, it's working once again.

The only problem is that the energy monitoring has never worked for me. (Not that energy monitoring is well supported on the Almond in the first place).

Offline mparadis

• Backer
I have noticed with a few Aeotec devices it works correctly but it doesn't respond with an update for upward of 30 seconds. So it'll turn on or off right away but won't show on my app or LCD for up to 30 seconds after.

Offline jedimdan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have noticed with a few Aeotec devices it works correctly but it doesn't respond with an update for upward of 30 seconds. So it'll turn on or off right away but won't show on my app or LCD for up to 30 seconds after.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this, but just wanted to confirm for anyone that's searching for info that this is exactly what I'm experiencing. In other words, it still works most of the time, just that the Almond updates a lot later. That might be okay for you depending on what you're hooking it up to. For example, I'm fine with that because it's going to a storage water heater, but you might not be if you're going to hook it up to some heavy duty lights (as an example),

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Any one else use these now? Probably pulling the trigger shortly just want to know if anyone else is having issues.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.