bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Fibaro FGK-10x not working - did I get a dud?  (Read 6391 times)

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Fibaro FGK-10x not working - did I get a dud?
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:35:17 pm »
Hi all, hope you don't mind a question from a noob

Got a Fibaro FGK-10x door sensor which is listed as compatible. I can pair it with my Almomd+ but it only shows "open", there is no way I can get it to show "closed" no matter how I position the magnet, and whether the sensor is mounted or not is also not helping (there are two tamper switches on board, one for mounting and one for the top cover).
I have tried to unpair and reset the switch completely, no success, have tried to pair it as just about anything except a smoke alarm, still to no avail.

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome  :)

Best regards
Thomas

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Fibaro FGK-10x not working - did I get a dud?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:48:31 pm »
@ t.stubbe,

Ensure that the Almond+ is not rebooted and send us the log files, so that we can debug it. Do you have any other sensors which are working fine through Almond+.

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:20:04 pm »
Hi Ashok, I really appreciate the quick reply - log file just sent off, great that this can be done from my phone!
I have a Danfoss Living Connect LC13 hooked up and it works fine, I can  see in the device history that it is working well. Not a lot of devices, I know, but I like to see things work before I start shelling out a lot of cash.
The Fibaro is supposed to be placed within 5 meters of the Almond+ and it is in line og sight, no walls etc.

Appreciate any comment
Br
Thomas

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »
@ t.stubbe,

Thank you and while I am going through the log files, is it possible for you to move it closer and then test the functionality.

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 01:28:46 am »
Sure, holding it 30 cm from the Almond dors not help.

Offline Gaz

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:04 am »
I am having the same problem with some Z-Wave Fibaro Motion Sensors Gen5 (FGMS-001-ZW5), if I add them as multi-sensors, the light and temperature readouts work, but it always indicates "motion" and never "no motion".
Do you know if your Fibaro FGK-10x door sensor is a Gen5 (it will say Zwave Plus on the packaging), there may be a problem with Fibaro Gen5 sensors working with the Almond+.

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:00 pm »
@ Gaz,
Thanks a lot for your reply, yes, your case sounds familliar - the box says Z-wave+, there is a small sticker at the bottom side that says "EU V3.2" in case this says anything.

Had a quick look at http://www.z-wave.com/faq that says that z-wave and Z-wave+ "are fully interoperable" so maybe we will see supprt for these in the future? Can imagine it must be difficult to support a large number of devices that apparently gets updated once in a while...

Best regards,
Thomas

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:51:39 am »
@ t.stubbe,

If the Z-wave frequency is different than the controller on the sensor, then there is no way it would get added. Please recheck the Almond+ Z-wave controller frequency, it should be the same as your sensor. Please follow the removal process first using the following link and then reset it to the defaults try adding it again, let us know the status.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmanuals.fibaro.com%2Fcontent%2Fmanuals%2Fen%2FFGK-10x%2FFGK-10x-EN-T-v2.0.pdf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEsVXdU9UQ9NjPKKhpsP1_8Tdh6Gw

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 12:43:41 pm »
@Ashok,
I live in EU (Denmark) and got an EU Almond+ And an EU Fibaro sensor bought in a Danish webshop. I have no difficulty adding the Fibaro, alteady have tried several times successfully adding and removing it. It is "only" when the sensor should report its state to the Almond+ that things does not work - I am only able to get "open" as its state.

Best regards,
Thomas

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:54:43 pm »
@ Ashok,

Thanks for the link to the manual, already had tried resetting, no result. Tried agains, since the manual is not clear on which tamper switch to release for the final step in the reset. Tried all options - still no result after pairing again.

One important thing I noticed, however, was that I do get input on the Almond+ when the tamper switch on the Fibaro has been activated. If I hold my finger on the rearside tamper-switch and reset the tamper-alert on the Almond+ and then release the tamper switch, the Almond+ reports that the Fibaro has been tampered with within 1-2 seconds. Did this several times, success 100% of attempts.

Still, no result other than "open" - no matter what I do with the magnet near the fibaro, even when they are both just 20-30 cm from the Almond+ Nothing happens.

I am curious as to what you might have found in the log files, and your opinion to Gaz's input about incompatibility with Z-wave-plus devices from Fibaro.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »
Sounds like a dud (especially if the tamper switch does in fact work) but perhaps it is a weird compatibility issue though that would be unique. Has no one else tried this device that we know of?

Offline Gaz

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 09:12:40 am »
For GEN5 devices (new Zwave Plus devices), it appears that Fibaro have changed the return message for the primary trigger state i.e. open/close or Motion.
The same problem has been reported on VERA devices and SmartThings, my VERA Plus had no problems and the SmartThings device libraries have since been updated and I can confirm that the devices work perfectly fine with mine, so I await for an Almond+ update to fix the problem.

Offline t.stubbe

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 12:29:25 pm »
@Gaz, thanks, sounds good, I can wait for a solution - in the meantime I bought a Zipato vs-zd 2102 on amazon.uk, believing that this would be not z-wave plus, just to try to avoid more non-working sensors... Had a small fit when it arrived and said z-wave PLUS on the package  :o

Turned out that this one works fine, it has no issues reporting it's correct state.

Only issue is that it is bigger than the Fibaro, so it will not fit all the places I want to have a sensor (narrow window frames etc).

Offline onyx

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 04:36:36 am »
Hi,
I just bought 16 pieces Fibaro FGMS-001 VER 3.2 (Z+) for a project. Looks like I will have to wait for a software update as they are associated with almond+ but motion detection is not passed to the almond+.
temp seems to be updated, tampering also but a motion detection needs to detect motion. :-)
hope the software comes soon...
KR
Luc

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 07:40:17 am »
@ onyx,

Please do send logs, so that we could debug and get back to you with an update.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck