Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond blocking my connection to FIFA(PC)?  (Read 4813 times)

Offline destiny211

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond blocking my connection to FIFA(PC)?
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:18:14 am »
I never had a problem until i switched my router to a TP-Link that hooks up to the almond.
I believe its some kind of security issue in which the Almond is blocking my connectivity.
So the problem i have is that to play a feature of the game requires me to download an update in game. The download would always be stuck at either 0 % or 1%.
I've tried contacting EA to see if they can help. They tried clearing my cache and temp files through CCleaner on safe mode, and resetting my ip and stuff through command prompt yet this problem still persist.
This is on Wins. 10 btw

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond blocking my connection to FIFA(PC)?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:52:57 am »
Do you need to have ports opened? Many PC games require open ports for server connections etc. Was it working until you added the TP-Link router? What makes you think it is the Almond? Does it work if you remove the TP-Link?

Offline destiny211

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 01:44:56 pm »
I've never encountered this problem before after i switched to this almond+Tp link set. I've tried opening ports before but it was too confusing having to do it through the almond. I followed the steps but at the end of the day it i couldn't open the ports. However, it's not just FIFA i get connectivity errors trying to play others games on steam. Also port forwarding isn't a  must for FIFA. I've played without doing this for many years before i found out about it.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:47:44 pm »
Did it work with just the almond set up and no TP link? Is it a new / used almond? Have you tried resetting each device? Occasionally setting up new devices requires reboots to ensure they all work together well. If that doesn't work Securifi Support is excellent and should be able to help you out so I would contact them.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.