Choose style:

Author Topic: Google Home  (Read 8255 times)

Offline atrueresistance

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Google Home
« on: October 04, 2016, 02:19:32 pm »
Since Securifi added Amazon's Alexa is there support for Google Home coming?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Google Home
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »
Since the open API was announced today and will be available in December I would be surprised if there have been any decisions made about this.

Offline blandry186

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond Plus Google Home?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:17:08 am »
Does Almond plan to support Google Home?  I have pre ordered one and was just wondering because my almond plus hosts a few z wave devices and it would be great to be able to voice control them.

Offline atrueresistance

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 12:39:57 am »
Just got the shipping notification today. Still no news from securifi.

Offline TVaughn

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has any updates on this as well. I was considering getting a Google home and I just wanted to make sure it was compatible. Also, does anyone care to share their experience using the google home? pros, cons?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:43:18 pm »
I just got one delivered as part of another purchase (buy this, get a Google Home also). Was not too interested but figured what the heck, it was free.

My 2 cents so far:
1) Setup was easy.
2) It had no problems linking to my account.
3) Speaker seems clear.
4) Mic seems to work just fine, it has not goofed when we ask something.
5) My oldest daughter likes it's jokes better than the ones told by Amazon's Alexa on our Echo.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »
I like mine better than my Echo. Easier to make changes too just change up the scene and that is it. Lots of options as well.

Offline TVaughn

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 02:54:04 pm »
Thats some good feedback! It's good to know that google has a better database of jokes than the Amazon echo lol. I am guessing most people online seem to prefer the echo over the google home because that set the market standard. I think I will end up getting the google home over the echo. I tried the echo at a friends house and I was impressed by it, but taking other peoples experiences into account it seems as if the google home might be a better option. What do you make of the issues of "constant listening" though? The notion that these devices are constantly plugged into our conversations and feeding user data to google/amazon?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 04:04:56 pm »
It is really a trust issue. Both companies say the devices are constantly listening but only for the keywords which they recognize locally. Then they send the request for actual recognition.

I guess I just do not worry too much about that. These companies know more about us than the government at this point.

As for the Echo vs Google Home... I still like my Echo for the HA integration. It has been around longer so there are more options (skills) available. I think Google will catch up quickly though.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:43:39 am »
As for the Echo vs Google Home... I still like my Echo for the HA integration. It has been around longer so there are more options (skills) available. I think Google will catch up quickly though.

That's true but I like the way Google Home is set up better. And at IO they specifically mentioned opening up the API even more to Home Automation companies.

I also like the multiroom audio (with chromecast audios as well). And that really sells it for me. The price and form are nicer than the original Echo though the DOT is a great price and size. I'd like to see someone build a true set top box with this built in (always listening) that can play my apps for video etc like the FireTV and AndroidTV do and has a built in camera for video calling on the big screen. Roll it all into one.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck