Choose style:

Author Topic: What's required for the iOS app to be able to connect to Almond+ over Cloud?  (Read 3966 times)

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Probably something basic I've overlooked. I can use the app locally, but not remotely. Please point me to the basic setup instructions for this; I doubt I will need more help than that. TIA.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
@ tastewar1,

Tap on Almond Account and hit get code, link it with the App. It seems like you might not have linked the account to the Cloud.

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
Thanks, Ashok. I'm not seeing that "button" so perhaps I did that step. Is the process documented somewhere you can point me to?

It appears to be working now, without me having done anything. So I must have accomplished the basic setup in the past. Is it possible that the cloud connection only works when I'm at home?? I'm pretty sure it's failed from home in the past, but now I am less certain about that.

Is the feature generally stable? Because the one thing I can say at this point with high certainty is that it *rarely* works for me.

Offline cthree87

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I had this issue at first as well. Make sure you have an account at connect.securifi.com. They could use some SSO goodness, there are 3 different securifi account types.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
@ tastewar1,

Thanks, Ashok. I'm not seeing that "button" so perhaps I did that step. Is the process documented somewhere you can point me to?

It appears to be working now, without me having done anything. So I must have accomplished the basic setup in the past. Is it possible that the cloud connection only works when I'm at home?? I'm pretty sure it's failed from home in the past, but now I am less certain about that.

Is the feature generally stable? Because the one thing I can say at this point with high certainty is that it *rarely* works for me.

As long as the Almond and your client device has the internet access, you should have access to the Cloud with out any concerns.

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
Thanks. Are there possible firewall issues? I note that it works both with Local and Cloud connections when I am at home. It does not work from my employer's network, but if I turn off wifi there, and rely on my mobile data connection, it works. When it's *not* working on WiFi, though, it won't admit that it's not working. Instead, it just shows 0 devices active + 0 devices inactive, etc.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sounds like an issue with your employer's WiFi. It is possible they are blocking unknown websites etc.

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
Is it really all going over port 80? They will block other ports, but not web sites in general.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck