Choose style:

Author Topic: Push Notifications  (Read 3291 times)

Offline GKH

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Push Notifications
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:19:55 pm »
Hi, i've just signed up on this forum.
 I've been trying to figure out why i am not getting any push notifications on my (Android) phone. I only get a notification if i am on wifi with my phone, which isn't all the time. It sure would be nice if i could receive a timely notification for when, say, my window sensor lets me know if it's open or closed. It doesn't work when i'm not on the net 24/7. Any settings that i should be checking? Thanks, Gary

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Push Notifications
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »
@ GKH,

Notifications are related to the Cloud service and works only when the Almond device and client device has internet access all the time.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:34:47 pm »
It shouldn't matter whether you are on WiFi or wireless / mobile broadband. The notifications will work on either. Sounds like you are in a place perhaps that has poor service? Also, make sure the notifications for each device are set to either "Always or When I'm away." This does not affect notifications based on your location, it is based on whether the Almond+ is set to Home or Away mode.

Offline GKH

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! It now works. I tested the open/close function on the window switch but there is an 8 minute delay., from when it was opened to when it informed me on my cell. This seems to me to be too long of a time. If someone was actually breaking in, they could be long gone by the time i phone a neighbour to go & check! Is there any way to increase the response time? Thanks, again. Gary

Offline GKH

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:55:00 pm »
Bump...

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »
This still sounds like a network issue. I receive notifications, multiple devices, various accounts, multiple almond units, within a few seconds. Usually not more than 10 seconds or so. I would make sure the almond and the devices with the app have solid connections. Nothing should be several minutes.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck