bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Setting up range extender and it keeps saying it can't connect  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Audreyaa

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Setting up range extender and it keeps saying it can't connect
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:30:15 pm »
I am  attempting to set up the almond  as a range extender.  I select  my current wireless network and put in the password  and thne the almond   searches and it either "times out"  or can't find  it.  HELP!   What am I doing wrong.   

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Setting up range extender and it keeps saying it can't connect
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:25:23 am »
@ Audreyaa,

I am  attempting to set up the almond  as a range extender.  I select  my current wireless network and put in the password  and thne the almond   searches and it either "times out"  or can't find  it.  HELP!   What am I doing wrong.   

Try to reboot your main router and then try to setup the Almond in Range Extender mode back, if it still fails then try Wireless WAN.

Offline wd4elg

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:05:54 pm »
I am having same issue.  My Almond worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago.  I tried hard reset and reset the Linksys router...no results. 
So I ordered an Almond 2015, and I have the SAME issue.  What is the probability that it's BOTH Almond devices?  Wow.
Every other device in my house is able to connect to the Linksys router.  What else can I try?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 09:04:40 am »
@ wd4elg,

I am having same issue.  My Almond worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago.  I tried hard reset and reset the Linksys router...no results. 
So I ordered an Almond 2015, and I have the SAME issue.  What is the probability that it's BOTH Almond devices?  Wow.
Every other device in my house is able to connect to the Linksys router.  What else can I try?

The way device and Range Extender communicates with the main router is different and in order for the Range Extender to work, need to receive at least decent amount of signal, try to reduce the distance or change the location and let us know the status.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.