Choose style:

Author Topic: New home with Bonded DSL Modem  (Read 3392 times)

Offline wstocker

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New home with Bonded DSL Modem
« on: November 01, 2016, 12:00:34 am »
I just moved into a new home and am constantly fighting my internet situation.  I have a bonded DSL system (2 lines into one modem to one IP).  By default when using the provider (Frontier) supplied Modem / Router, my devices and services are not able to consistently work outside the home as they were double-NAT'd.  The ISP does not technically have a bridge mode on their modem / router, but I was able to find out how to make it happen with a new detriment.  I followed http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29020150-DSL-Actiontec-FV2200-in-Bridge-mode-to-DD-WRT-router-Success for the most part, but as we run OpenWRT and not DD-WRT, I can not find the required setting for step 15.  Since this setting appears missing, I am only now able to get half of my bandwidth since I am only running on one line.

Please help!!

I am not sure which words to search for but everything I search for seems to be coming up empty.  Paths that sound promising are linked below (but likely all missing):
:'(

Offline wstocker

• Backer
Re: New home with Bonded DSL Modem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 07:21:36 am »
Speed Tests still mostly come up low, but sometimes are giving better numbers.  I connected directly to the modem with another PC, and it shows that connections on both lines are "up" and my connection status is listed as ADSL2+ADSL2 Bonded, so perhaps everything is working fine.  This is a big adjustment coming from the slightly more bandwidth I was used to for the last 10 or so years.  I hope a faster provider gets me connected soon!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Re: New home with Bonded DSL Modem
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 07:25:25 pm »
Honestly, you are better off getting your own modem to go with the far superior router you already have. Otherwise I would set it up as a wired access point and if desired deactivate the wireless network on the ISP owned modem / router.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck