bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage BE469NX will not enroll  (Read 7938 times)

Offline scottyhoss

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage BE469NX will not enroll
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:40:09 pm »
I have a Schlage BE469NX lock that was previously enrolled and working with my A+. The batteries died in it and since i noticed it was not updating on the phone apps or the A+ interface. So i decided to try and remove it, then add it again.

I hit remove on the A+ and then put in the programming code + 0 on the lock. The lock flashed green check mark and the A+ no longer shows the lock. I have unsuccessfully tried to enroll it now about 10 times.

The lock flashes the green check mark each time. The Almond pops up a message that it is enrolling the sensor, then a message that it is "still trying" to get sensor data for a few minutes. Then just times out and all messages go away. The lock does not show up in the list of sensors. I go through the remove process and try again. Always same results.

I even took the lock out of the door and set it right in front of the A+ as some have suggested that sensors should be within a few feet during the enrollment process. No luck.

Anyone have any suggestions, or am i doing something incorrectly?

Thanks

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Schlage BE469NX will not enroll
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:41 am »
@ scotthoss,

As long as the device is removed from the network properly, there shouldn't be any issues in adding. Please send the log files, by making sure device is not rebooted.

Offline jcodyn

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:09:30 pm »
I have a Schlage BE469NX lock that was previously enrolled and working with my A+. The batteries died in it and since i noticed it was not updating on the phone apps or the A+ interface. So i decided to try and remove it, then add it again.

I hit remove on the A+ and then put in the programming code + 0 on the lock. The lock flashed green check mark and the A+ no longer shows the lock. I have unsuccessfully tried to enroll it now about 10 times.

The lock flashes the green check mark each time. The Almond pops up a message that it is enrolling the sensor, then a message that it is "still trying" to get sensor data for a few minutes. Then just times out and all messages go away. The lock does not show up in the list of sensors. I go through the remove process and try again. Always same results.

I even took the lock out of the door and set it right in front of the A+ as some have suggested that sensors should be within a few feet during the enrollment process. No luck.

Anyone have any suggestions, or am i doing something incorrectly?

Thanks

What firmware version is your lock?

Offline scottyhoss

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:39:25 am »
@ashok - i sent the logs last night after trying to add the lock again.

@jcodyn - lock is firmware MAIN_6.8

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:33:33 am »
A few general tips. Try removing it again, sometimes it doesn't fully remove. Make sure the lock is within a few inches of the almond+ (it can't be in another room or even several feet away). Reboot the Almond+. Change batteries in the lock.

All things worth trying.

Offline scottyhoss

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 05:14:47 pm »
A few general tips. Try removing it again, sometimes it doesn't fully remove. Make sure the lock is within a few inches of the almond+ (it can't be in another room or even several feet away). Reboot the Almond+. Change batteries in the lock.

All things worth trying.

@mparadis
Thanks I have actually tried all of those things.
  • This all started when batteries died in the lock and I replaced them.
  • I took the lock apart and set it right next to the A+, which was a PITA.
  • I go through the remove process every time before trying to add it.
  • Rebooted the almond twice.

Thanks

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »
I would try contacting Schlage as well perhaps, I had a Kwikset that stopped responding, when I tried re-pairing it it wouldn't work. I called Kwikset and determined that it was actually the z wave module in the lock that failed and they replaced it free. They may be able to trouble shoot the lock itself to make sure its working.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:24 am »
@ scottyhoss,

Please reset the lock and then follow the removal procedure first and then try to add it, send the logs. Thank you!

Offline scottyhoss

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »
I was able to spend more time with this today and finally got the lock paired withe the A+ again.

I did a factory reset on the lock. I still could not get it to pair with the A+. I removed it and tried adding it a few times. No luck.

I then for some reason tried it from the web UI and it worked the first time. I cannot believe that there would be any difference in which UI was used to add it to the  Almond.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »
Mine lock has been unenrolled for a while now. I have tried both Screen and WebUI with no success.
"Sorry request timed-out"
So Securifi, am I to assume the Schlage Connect is no longer supported?

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 03:28:48 pm »
Mine lock has been unenrolled for a while now. I have tried both Screen and WebUI with no success.
"Sorry request timed-out"
So Securifi, am I to assume the Schlage Connect is no longer supported?

Schlage is very particular when exchanging their security key ( as they should be ).  That is the issue most of the time. 99.99% of the time Doing a general Z-wave exclusion from A+, If it still shows up as device, manually remove it. Doing a factory reset of the lock via the lock touch pad. Then starting from scratch as a new device will work.  Key being to give it a few MINUTES to exchange the security key after it is found before actuating or moving the lock further from the hub.  It can take a few tries of removing / including before it actually exchanges properly .

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »
Thank you for the detailed answer. I will give that a try during daylight.
If anyone else needs the walkthrough for a gactory reset, here's the link:

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.