bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Slow speedtest  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Priebe85

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Slow speedtest
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:13:31 pm »
So I just got the almond,  set it up as a range extender for my main floor, my modem/router is downstairs.  I was getting 2 bars without it and now I'm full bars. I never could get wifi in my garage but now I can.  Great stuff. But if I don't use it I can get 60 to 70 down on a speed test with weak signal. If I do use the almond I get 8 down with strong signal. Do I have something set up wrong? It seems to work good, just the speed test are crap.  I pay for 120 down and 15 up. Was hoping to get closer to those numbers,  not way farther away.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Slow speedtest
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:22:52 pm »
@ Priebe85,

So I just got the almond,  set it up as a range extender for my main floor, my modem/router is downstairs.  I was getting 2 bars without it and now I'm full bars. I never could get wifi in my garage but now I can.  Great stuff. But if I don't use it I can get 60 to 70 down on a speed test with weak signal. If I do use the almond I get 8 down with strong signal. Do I have something set up wrong? It seems to work good, just the speed test are crap.  I pay for 120 down and 15 up. Was hoping to get closer to those numbers,  not way farther away.

Technically, any Range Extender would not be able to give us the same speeds as your main router network and infact, we would have a loss of at least 40-50%, which again depends upon the distance, environment and interference. Try to run the speed test at the Almond's location through your main router network and then compare that with Almond. You could also try reducing the distance or changing the location of the Almond.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.