bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Features missing  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Lims

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Features missing
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
It seems some 'basic' router functionality is missing in the Almond3; after several hours I still can't find:

1. Anywhere to set up a dynamic dns service
2. The list of configured 'static leases'

I also can't get the primary router to see secondary devices if I change the default IP adddress. I could almost live with all this if I could keep my primary router and use the Almond3's to provide mesh wifi only (disabling dhcp) however this doesn't appear to be possible.

Anyone have better luck than me with the above?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Features missing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:20:34 pm »
@ Lims,

It seems some 'basic' router functionality is missing in the Almond3; after several hours I still can't find:

1. Anywhere to set up a dynamic dns service
2. The list of configured 'static leases'

I also can't get the primary router to see secondary devices if I change the default IP adddress. I could almost live with all this if I could keep my primary router and use the Almond3's to provide mesh wifi only (disabling dhcp) however this doesn't appear to be possible.

Anyone have better luck than me with the above?

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, we are yet to add the support for Dynamic DNS service and also got a small issue in making the changes with the Web UI, which we are working on. Meanwhile, please do set the Static IP on the client devices.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Features missing
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 05:08:25 pm »
@lims, I am surprised these aren't working yet because they are features I have used on all the other Almond devices but as Ashok stated above it seems a bug was preventing some of it. I would expect that to be fixed fairly simply since it does work on all their other devices. That being said I think I have always used the Webui (via local ip address) to access and change my DDNS and set static leases as well. I am not sure it is available via the LCD (and would probably take forever that way).

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.