Choose style:

Author Topic: Unable to "Add Almond"  (Read 5592 times)

Offline intractv

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Unable to "Add Almond"
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:25:27 pm »
On the initial setup I was able to get three Almond 3's set up successfully.  Like a fool I thought I needed to reset them all for some configuration error, and since I reset to factory the "base" unit connected to the modem is up but I can not add the two additional units.  I have tried wired / wireless and multiple resets and reboots.

The additional unit actual "sees' the main unit and instructs me to Add Almond on the main unit to complete setup.  At the main unit it stays at the "waiting for almond to connect".

The only thing I see in the log is this:
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 kern.warn kernel: Rcv Wcid(5) AddBAReq
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 kern.warn kernel: Start Seq = 00000000
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: Get mac address for 10.10.10.101
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: mac address for a4:c4:94:2d:01:04
Nov 20 18:04:04 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: ****************************************
Nov 20 18:04:04 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: can't find 10.10.10.101's port number.

I'll contact support tomorrow after work but I thought I throw this out to the group.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unable to "Add Almond"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:55:19 pm »
@ intractv,

On the initial setup I was able to get three Almond 3's set up successfully.  Like a fool I thought I needed to reset them all for some configuration error, and since I reset to factory the "base" unit connected to the modem is up but I can not add the two additional units.  I have tried wired / wireless and multiple resets and reboots.

The additional unit actual "sees' the main unit and instructs me to Add Almond on the main unit to complete setup.  At the main unit it stays at the "waiting for almond to connect".

The only thing I see in the log is this:
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 kern.warn kernel: Rcv Wcid(5) AddBAReq
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 kern.warn kernel: Start Seq = 00000000
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: Get mac address for 10.10.10.101
Nov 20 18:04:03 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: mac address for a4:c4:94:2d:01:04
Nov 20 18:04:04 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: ****************************************
Nov 20 18:04:04 Almond3 user.warn syslog: Warn: *** rtGSW: can't find 10.10.10.101's port number.

I'll contact support tomorrow after work but I thought I throw this out to the group.

Turn off both the secondary units and turn on one and go to wizard (More-->Wizard-->Join Existing Home Wifi System and proceed with the instructions, let us know, if you still need any assistance. You could do the same with the other unit.

Offline intractv

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  To be honest, I'd already tried what you suggested.  I finally have them mostly working like they should.

For the main unit to "see" the additional unit I had to use the wireless connection option and I also had to change the IP address of the additional unit.  Initially the IP on the additional unit is the same as the main unit, and as long as they were the same I never got the additional unit added.

The first additional received the config info and started functioning.  The main unit got stuck at the adding unit final screen and finally errored out.  So while the additional is functioning  - the main unit and ios app don't see it as a part of the system.

The second additional added successfully and is working and seen in the ios app.

I can only say that there is something going when attempting to set them up after resetting to factory.  Had I left well enough alone I wouldn't have gone through all of this, but hopefully it helps someone else out.

Offline punkorambo

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 08:43:02 pm »
I had the same problem. I got my main Almond 3 set up and added one additional to the mesh. When I went to add the third a few days later, it kept saying that it found the main Almond but it kept timing out.

The way I got it working was by making the third Almond device a range extender to the main Almond, update to the latest firmware (so it matched what was on the other two) and then adding it to the mesh network via the app on my phone. It connected the first time after the firmware update.

I hope that helps anyone with this problem!

Offline linksith

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 08:38:29 am »
My units have been doing the same thing too. I'll give these solutions a try! Thanks for the input!   ;D

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.