Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond stops working every morning  (Read 6917 times)

Offline linksith

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond stops working every morning
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:59:02 am »
Is it just me? Every day for the past 3 days that I had this router, it stops working every morning. I'm not sure at what time to be exact. But each morning it stops detecting the internet connection, and all the devices that were connected the night before are now all of a sudden disconnected. It doesn't work again till I reboot.  This is really annoying, has anyone else had this issue? I already updated it to the latest firmware so that's not an issue. For the moment though I replaced it with one of the other two routers whose firmware is not updated yet.

If anyone has something that can help that would appreciated

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond stops working every morning
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 12:14:43 pm »
@ linksith,

How are you using the Almond 3 and what is the setup, are we sure that the source connection is working properly?

Offline linksith

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »
The set up is "Home Wifi System/standalone router" I haven't connected the other two almond 3's to the main one yet. But the modem hooks directly to the almond. The last router I had never had this problem, and the logs on the modem show regular performance on it's connection status so nothing changed on the modem so I'm fairly sure the source connection is working correctly.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:56:08 pm »
Is this your only router? Is it possible you lost your ISP connection over night? Where I am the last week we have lost service like 5 of the last 7 nights due to wind but once back up it usually has reconnected without issue.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 06:58:57 pm »
Since you haven't setup your other Almonds yet, you can always set one of them up to rule out an issue with the device itself.

Offline linksith

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 08:48:46 pm »
Since you haven't setup your other Almonds yet, you can always set one of them up to rule out an issue with the device itself.

Alright, I have replaced it with one of the others so now I will wait to see if it does it again.....

Offline linksith

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 12:33:12 pm »
UPDATE:

So far 26 hours without a reboot and it continues to work fine. I'll update the firmware on this router like I did the last and I'll see if it's the firmware creating the issue.

Offline linksith

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 07:22:32 pm »
2 days in and I've only had one problem while I was at work. My brother rebooted the modem, didn't fix the issue, then rebooted the router, which fixed it. So there's something going on with the routers and I don't know what since I don't have the logs, (thanks to my brother)

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 08:36:42 pm »
I don't have the Almond 3, but I experienced a similar problem a long time ago with the Almond+.... for me, setting the LCD screen timeout on the Almond to 99999 fixed the issue. This was older firmware and I don't know if it was ever fixed as I left the screen timeout in place. Just fyi as a random guess.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 05:53:12 am »
@ linksith,

2 days in and I've only had one problem while I was at work. My brother rebooted the modem, didn't fix the issue, then rebooted the router, which fixed it. So there's something going on with the routers and I don't know what since I don't have the logs, (thanks to my brother)

When the connection gets disconnected, are we able to access the touch screen of Almond 3?

Offline linksith

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 05:36:30 pm »
@ linksith,

When the connection gets disconnected, are we able to access the touch screen of Almond 3?

Yes, the touchscreen was accessible. I meant to get the logs last time but like I said my brother rebooted it while I was at work. And it hasn't been doing it every morning like it did with the other Almond 3

I don't have the Almond 3, but I experienced a similar problem a long time ago with the Almond+.... for me, setting the LCD screen timeout on the Almond to 99999 fixed the issue. This was older firmware and I don't know if it was ever fixed as I left the screen timeout in place. Just fyi as a random guess.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the input

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck