Choose style:

Author Topic: Is there a way to get an aleart when someone tries to connect a device to wifi?  (Read 5457 times)

Offline smokeywolf

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I'd like to be able to set an alert when someone connects a device to the wifi network. I know it shows you what's on the network but you have to actively go look. It would be nice for security purposes to get a notification for that. Is there such a way that I'm simply not seeing?

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I know my iPhone gets a notification when a device connects for the first time.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@ smokeywolf,

I'd like to be able to set an alert when someone connects a device to the wifi network. I know it shows you what's on the network but you have to actively go look. It would be nice for security purposes to get a notification for that. Is there such a way that I'm simply not seeing?

You have the option to customize the notifications under settings of each and every network device.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Specifically:
Expand the wrench icon for more details on the network device in question (they must be done individually).
Select the Notify Me option. By default it is Never. You likely want Always (it will notify you each time the device becomes inactive or active) or the When I'm Away option (it will notify you also, but only when your Almond says you are Away).

Another option you might want to change is the Inactive grace period. By default it is 6 minutes. This is not too long, but if you want the notifications regarding when a device becomes inactive (drops off the network) as quickly as possible you should probably change this to the minimum of 1 minute.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.