Choose style:

Author Topic: Android wifi presence sensor failing / Custom Inactive timeout  (Read 6390 times)

Offline matt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I'll start off saying that I haven't done significant testing of this, but I wanted to report it anyway.

My phone does not really work as a presence sensor, as the A+ seems to think it goes inactive while it is still in the house. My guess is that is because of Doze Mode on Android 6+.

I had created a rule to switch to home mode and turn lights on when the phone was detected, and switch to away and turn some lights off when not detected, but the latter would happen while I was at home (and the phone was definitely not dead).

The easiest change I could imagine would be customizing a timeout for the device to be considered inactive.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Android wifi presence sensor failing / Custom Inactive timeout
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »
On the Almond side:
You can customize the timeout. That would be the "Inactive grace period" at the bottom of the network device settings. The highest value for it is 60 minutes (the default is 6).

On the phone side:
It is usually sleep mode for the device that turns off wifi. Depending on your version and such, the setting should be somewhere like the following:
Settings - Wifi - 3 dot menu in upper right - Advanced - Keep wifi on during sleep - Always
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline matt

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:40 pm »
On the Almond side:
You can customize the timeout. That would be the "Inactive grace period" at the bottom of the network device settings. The highest value for it is 60 minutes (the default is 6).

On the phone side:
It is usually sleep mode for the device that turns off wifi. Depending on your version and such, the setting should be somewhere like the following:
Settings - Wifi - 3 dot menu in upper right - Advanced - Keep wifi on during sleep - Always

Thanks, guess I should've looked into it more before posting. Just did so since I was already on for that other post.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:25:01 am »
No problem, it happens to us all.

Offline samox

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 07:13:23 am »
Hello I have a problem with almond+ how I turn off this tings because its kiling me I dont use this things I whant my almond to be 24 by 24 hour open please help me

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:20:14 pm »
That was in another thread. As said there, the grace period does not impact that.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck