Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond3 and Nest Thermostat, Protect  (Read 9987 times)

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond3 and Nest Thermostat, Protect
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 02:29:39 pm »
Doesn't look like it. From the first pic I'm wondering what the difference is between off, and off mode. I'm wondering if something changed with nest changing away mode to eco. I was thinking it did allow it at one point. I felt like I tried it, but didn't like the result, because I was thinking if I forgot to set my Almond to away mode the nest would never enter away itself.

Like I said in my other post since nest came out with the wifi away assist I haven't even looked at doing it another way. Since it came out my nest has been using away mode more now when I'm gone. Also on the days when I was up all night at work, and slept during the day my nest would go into away mode, and now it doesn't.

Offline Evan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond3 and Nest Thermostat, Protect
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply. That's a good point about the switch to "Eco".

I tried wifi assist at home, but found that it was a big battery drain on my and my wife's phones. It also didn't seem to work consistently, but I didn't put too much effort into getting it to work well, so that may be on me.

In the case with my parents, however, my dad doesn't use a cell phone regularly, so wifi assist wouldn't work well. They have a Simplisafe alarm system, which works with Nest, so I was hoping that when they left and set their alarm to away, it would trigger Nest to switch to away, which could then trigger Almond to switch to away. Same thing when they returned home. Without this link between Nest and Almond's home/away toggle, I'll either have to get more creative with their setup, or some of that functionality will be lost. I was hoping I was just doing something wrong or it was a known bug with a fix coming soon.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:29:02 am by Evan »

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.