Choose style:

Author Topic: z-wave adaptor  (Read 5647 times)

Offline kcb4

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
z-wave adaptor
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:45:01 am »
Where can I get z-wave adaptor for the Almond 3?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

Offline kcb4

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: z-wave adaptor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:00:50 am »
Thank you.  Have the dongle, but cannot figure out what to do next.  Plugged dongle into my Almond 3 and nothing.  Plugged it into my Surface 3 (windows 10) and nothing.  Looked and the instructions and noticed the software download link (visionsecurity.com/tw . . etc.), but that link doesn't work.  Even then, I'm not understanding how to make z-wave work with my Almond 3 if I have to plug the USB into my computer???  Help!?!?!
Thank you,

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 08:10:16 am »
@ kcb4,

Thank you.  Have the dongle, but cannot figure out what to do next.  Plugged dongle into my Almond 3 and nothing.  Plugged it into my Surface 3 (windows 10) and nothing.  Looked and the instructions and noticed the software download link (visionsecurity.com/tw . . etc.), but that link doesn't work.  Even then, I'm not understanding how to make z-wave work with my Almond 3 if I have to plug the USB into my computer???  Help!?!?!
Thank you,

Once you plug in the Z-wave dongle, ensure that the light is red on the dongle, go to Add sensor there we would see a small message saying Z-wave dongle via USB. After this, you can just tap on Add sensor and start adding the Z-wave sensors.

Note: Please note, if the Z-wave sensors are adding to some other network then first follow the removal process before adding.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:57:19 am »
The dongle is meant for the Almond 3 itself, not a computer in this case. You can try to get it recognized on the Almond 3 again:
As for trying again, the overkill method would be:
1) Unplug fob.
2) Reboot router.
3) Wait at least a full minute after it has finished booting.
4) Insert the fob.
5) Wait at least a minute after the fob LED(s) have become active.
6) Check the Add Sensor screen on the LCD for the "Z-Wave via USB" message at the bottom. This means it is recognized and working.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline bmwilson55

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 08:49:05 am »
Hello. I am migrating my existing z-wave network over to the almond 3 and am wondering if I can just plug in my usb z-wave dongle (gen5 aeotec) and the devices will show up?  Where can I check to make sure  that the almond actually sees the usb stick?  Also, do I need to add z-wave devices via the almond only, or can it be done using the android app also? Thanks

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 08:57:09 am »
No, devices will not migrate. Due to the unique IDs and security involved you cannot copy or "backup" Z-Wave devices (or ZigBee for that matter). Not even Securifi's "fault" it is the standards themselves.

As for checking status, on the LCD in the Add Devices, you should see a message at the bottom of the window like "Z-Wave via USB" once it is plugged in.

They can be added via the app also, while in local connection mode. A + icon will be at the top right of the devices screen then.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck