bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Electric Heat Thermostats  (Read 4933 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Electric Heat Thermostats
« on: November 29, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »
So my father has asked me to look into a controllable thermostats for electric radiators. Currently the "thermostats" consist of "on", "off" and "comfort zone". No temperature or anything. This is on a secondary property that was recently purchased and in the future they are looking to replace the electric heat entirely but in the mean time I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I have only replaced one of the thermostats in my house with a z wave one but I have an oil system and it was a standard thermostat. Thanks!

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Electric Heat Thermostats
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:46:52 pm »
This looks like it might fit the bill. The user guide says the thermostat function has two modes, comfort and eco that are pre-set temps.

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/climate-control/z-wave-thermostats/stelpro-ki-stzw402wb-thermostat-for-electric-baseboards-and-convectors

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:36:50 am »
Thanks grouter I'll look into it!

Offline sraggio

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:36:48 pm »
I purchased the Stelpro Ki thermostat linked above. Easy install, and works well maintaining the temp you set. However, I've been unable to get it to pair with my Almond+. I returned the first one I bought, Stelpro was good about replacing, but no luck with the new one either. This is at a vacation home that's about an hour away, so I was looking forward to being able to check and control heat remotely. Still in troubleshooting mode...

Anyone have one of these working with an Almond?

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck