Choose style:

Author Topic: Mesh network 2.4 and 5hz wireless strong signa, but guest wireless kind of weak  (Read 4586 times)

Offline lksseven

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
My Mesh network 2.4 and 5hz wireless put out very strong signal, but guest wireless kind of a weak signal.   Any knowledge here about why that might be, and possible solutions?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
@lksseven,

My Mesh network 2.4 and 5hz wireless put out very strong signal, but guest wireless kind of a weak signal.   Any knowledge here about why that might be, and possible solutions?

That's because the guest network is enabled only on the primary unit and our next release would allow the guest network to be enabled on second and third unit. Thank you!

Offline lksseven

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
ok, cool.  I kinda worked around that problem for now by naming the 2.4 freq the guest access name that I want to use, and the 5ghz freq/network is then used for our main work freq (I know that makes my network 'less secure', but it's probably still more secure than Hillary's email server  :-X).   I learned that a lot of the wifi devices (thermostats, smart lock, etc) don't see the 5ghz, only the 2.4ghz freq, while most phones and laptops do see a 5ghz freq.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.