Choose style:

Author Topic: Action to turn on switch for x minutes then off.  (Read 8888 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Action to turn on switch for x minutes then off.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 09:35:53 am »
The Sunset/Sunrise before/after affects the timing of it. Ex:
If sunrise is 6am and you set 30min before, that would trigger at 5:౩0am.

Delays for THEN actions happen before the action. So if you set a 5min delay before turning the light on, they will not turn on until 5min after the trigger. But, as a side note, you cannot STOP that action from happening (this is regardless of delays, just most noticeable). Once a rule is triggered it will perform all actions of that rule and you cannot interrupt that.

But... Your idea of using the other devices would work. I am trying to get away from recommending workarounds like that because many people do not have others. In any case... Assuming you have two Rules for that lighting. Something like:
1) IF sunset and light off THEN light on
2) IF sunrise and light on THEN light off

You could add that light into the other's rule as an IF it is on... Then that would give you the sunset to sunrise effect, if there is nothing else that might alter it.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline penright

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 07:59:38 am »
I tried it last night and the rule works, but it is not fired as expected. I started this thread to ask about it. https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,5544.0.html
Moving from Tuxedo to Almond+
And Loving it.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:43 am »
Makes sense to separate the topics. So at least now you have a workaround for what you want done.

Offline mbirnbaum

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:46:49 pm »
Just added Monoprice PIR (multifunction) sensor.  It has lots of options and allows me to easily turn off after set period of time.  But wait, there's more built in: temp, ambient light and more.   They've been put on sale for $22 including shipping lately.  Worth a try.

NOTE:  I've found you must remove this device (paper clip in little hole on back, 10 times rapidly), before you can add.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 07:55:40 am »
I have two of those (and the main brand as well) and the do work quite well. I did not have to perform a remove on any of mine, but it does happen with almost any device now and then (maybe the manufacturer used it for testing?).

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck