Choose style:

Author Topic: What thermostat are you using?  (Read 5503 times)

Offline TheEvilZX2

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What thermostat are you using?
« on: December 08, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »
I'm curious as to what thermostat everyone is using and how well everything is working out for them.

When I search on the forums I see many posts about issues with thermostats, but I'd like to hear what ones actually work well for those of us using the almond 3 specifically.

I'm on the fence between the Nest and Ecobee3 currently leaning towards Ecobee3. Are there any Zwave or ZigBee thermostats that play nicely with the almond 3? Even better if they don't cost $250  ;D

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: What thermostat are you using?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 03:18:42 pm »
I have been using a 1st Gen Nest Thermostat with my Almond 3 without any issues. I originally used it with my Almond+. I mostly let the Nest do it's own thing (I have not used either Almond to try to replace the built in smarts). The things I do from the Almond usually involve manually "overrides" to run the fan or such simple stuff.

Cannot speak to any of the others since I have not needed a new thermostat since.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline lksseven

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 04:40:22 pm »
I'm using a total of 5 Sensi thermostats at home and at the range, and they work great (half the price of Nest, and much easier to figure out).  But it uses its own Sensi app, which is very good but the thermostat isn't reachable through the Almond app. 

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »
Id like to install an HA thermostat but there are no thermostats in my house.. the only control I have for temp is blower units in the main rooms... Grrrh... and they are hardwired... central buildingwide hot water heat...

-J

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.