Choose style:

Author Topic: Zengled element shows as unknown device  (Read 5685 times)

Offline javier2204

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zengled element shows as unknown device
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:25 pm »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/52681649
I purchased two of these bulbs they paired fine, but show as unknown devices. I can turn them on and off as well as dim on the LCD ui but the app and web ui both show no information and don't allow me to do anything. I just see that they are there.
I bought these because they were listed on this page
https://www.securifi.com/sensors
Any help would be appreciated.
Almond+

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Re: Zengled element shows as unknown device
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:26:24 pm »
Not familiar with these, they are smaller base bulbs correct? Interesting, hopefully they get them fully support, obviously they work just haven't added support beyond the LCDui yet. Prices seem pretty good. How is the dimming range?

Edit: standard E26 base, just a ZigBee HA 1.2 dimmable bulb  ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:41:59 pm by mparadis »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:38:54 am »
One thing that can benefit Securifi in these cases is sending the logs after adding. That way they have all the commands of the device and ways to identify it. Make sure the log title includes the product and model of course.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline javier2204

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:54:50 am »
It is a bit hard to judge dimming range but it doesn't seem to high since the bulbs are kind of dim, I wanted them for bedside lamps so my wife can have some light without waking me up. they will work great for that.

I hit send logs and added the name and model of the bulb. Do I now have to wait untiil the next firmware update?
Almond+

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:34:17 am »
Unfortunately that is a best case scenario. They have to add support, and since it is likely not in their current builds for the "next" release it might be longer.

If you are up for it, you could apply to be in the Beta, for earlier access to software... But even then, they need time to code and there are MANY things on the list.

Offline javier2204

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:54:15 am »
wow well that sucks. I thought stuff on that page was already compatible? if that is not the case where is there a list of things that are currently compatible and won't require this wait. thanks for your help I have just been using the sensors I bought from the kickstarter until now so I am not really familiar with adding new ones
Almond+

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »
The fact that it had been compatible means somewhere along the line something happened. If it is a Securifi issue, they will likely correct it. However... If it a manufacturer change (ex: their latest firmware altered things) it may take long or (worst case) be impossible. Some manufacturers have done some "interesting" things to prevent others from working with their devices.

In any case, for Securifi to get it working again they have to change code, and since it is likely not in their current builds for the "next" release it might be longer.

If you are up for it, you could apply to be in the Beta, for earlier access to software... But even then, they need time to code and there are MANY things on the list.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck