Choose style:

Author Topic: Mesh disconnect  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Rod

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Mesh disconnect
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »
I have 3 of the Almond 3 configured as a mesh, yesterday I notice connectivity issues in my Master room, then I found out that one of the nonprimary devices loses the IP, the app shows as the unit is connected to the network but it doesn't have internet access. There was no way to reconnect this unit, not even unplugging the power. the only option was to force the manual remove of the mesh configuration, factory resets the unit and adds it again.
First, It will be nice to have some sort of notification when a unit loses the connection, also some sort of IP reset, IP Renew option will be more helpful to troubleshoot and sold this kind of issue.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Mesh disconnect
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »
You should be able to reconnect it if it you restart it. Also, there is a button to improve the wifi on the main router under add almond click check the wifi status. It may be too far away, I haven't heard of this issue. Also, as a general rule make sure each unit is on the latest firmware.

Offline Rod

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:19:41 pm »
@Backer:
Thank you for your advice,  all 3 units are up to date,  they are in less than 800ft distance from the main unit,  today the one that got disconnected yesterday is showing weak wifi signal. I will keep an eye on it and try to figure out what coul be the issue,  I will swap the two meshed units to see if the problem is the signal or the unit itself.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 05:35:07 pm »
is 800ft a typo? That is a substantial distance if not. I believe it is recommended to have one every 60 feet at the farthest and only if it is open space line of sight (unless using a wired connection).

Offline Rod

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 11:12:35 pm »
Sorry,  yes it was a typo,  I have 2/2 apartment 1300 square feet.

Offline Rod

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:27 pm »
@Backer
I believe I have a defective unit,  after swapping all the units in all possible configurations,  the one with the IP issue,  still showing poor signal no matter where I place it and even after reconfigure the whole system.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck